It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm

:shock: another tuning post? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: :shock: another tuning post?
Big George Waters wrote:
I can't even hit a D4, string keeps breaking

Breaking when tuning up or when playing?
When tuning up it is a good idea to tune to C4 first, then over the next 1-2 days gradually tune up to D4.
I have a D4 on a 34" bass guitar and because it is close to break tension i do not string bend on it.
D4 on 34" is the same tension as G4 on a 25.5" guitar, right at the limit.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:26 pm
Contributor
Contributor

waltschwarzkopf wrote:
check out this plot:
[...]
I made this based on the tension of each string under my current conditions (classic tuning, light gauge, 34").

waltschwarzkopf,
Seeing that graph it seems you must know the gauges for a particular 'classic tuning light gauge' set.
I would be very interested to know these gauges, including which are plain steel, and roughly how old the set is, if you are happy to share this information.
I prefer low tension strings on a tapguitar, and would like to study SE's approach to this to help me develop my choice of gauges, but the gauges for a light Stick set is information i cannot find.

Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:06 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

ixlramp wrote:
waltschwarzkopf,
Seeing that graph it seems you must know the gauges for a particular 'classic tuning light gauge' set.
I would be very interested to know these gauges, including which are plain steel, and roughly how old the set is, if you are happy to share this information.
I prefer low tension strings on a tapguitar, and would like to study SE's approach to this to help me develop my choice of gauges, but the gauges for a light Stick set is information i cannot find.

Oh, I just saw this, so I hope my answer doesn't arrive too late...

I'd be more than happy to share the gauges with you, also would be grateful if you could share any official gauges that you have :)

The gauges are as follow:
    8 p
    9 p
    11 p
    14 p
    22 w

106 b
    65 b
    40 w
    22 w
    13 p

Support: bitcoin:bc1qedfg9z55ux3tlnf7qnnu3vggv8vant604dasye?message=Donate