It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 am

Railboard bass-proto 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Railboard bass-proto
Been getting a bunch of requests for pics of the Railboard bass-prototype...these were from a recent string change, installed a heavier set.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SG12-bamboo
Grand-graphite
Railboard-mirror protoype
Railboard-Stick bass protoype
Alto-paduak
Alto-tarara
Standard Stick-graphite
Standard Stick-vintage
Stick bass-bamboo
NsStick-ash & chechen

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Post Re: Railboard bass-proto
Very very cool. Thank you!

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Railboard bass-proto
Tony! As the duly-appointed Disciple of Stick Bling (well, I just named you that!), first I want to say I appreciate immensely you posting pics and info of your prototype Sticks--that are now mainstream, able-to-be-ordered products from Stick Enterprises.

I'm very curious about the 8-string Railboard. I have the 10-string, I'm thinking strongly of getting a 12-string gold plasma, but the 8-string Railboard fascinates me, particularly the tuning.

Are your 8-strings tuned in 4ths or 5ths (or some mix or guitar tunings or whatever)? What are those tunings?

Does the 8-string Railboard sound different compared to the 10-string Railboard? I would assume that it would sound the same, but the tunings are probably different and also the string gauges. I assume the standard R-Block pickups, as well?

And the big request: you got even a short video maybe that gives us an idea of how one feels to play and especially sounds?

Thanks again Tony for posting the pics and this thread and I appreciate whatever you, Disciple of Prototype Stick Bling, can share with us! :ugeek:

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 am
Profile My Photo Gallery