It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:48 pm

Advice for Newbie 

Post Advice for Newbie
Hello. I am soon (in next few months to finally get my Stick. How to get it is the question. Here is what my soon to be ex-wife proposed:

A flight to FLORIDA is ONE FLIGHT WITH NO STOPS and is way cheaper than flying to ATL. Check with FedX to see if you could fedx it to a FLorida fed ex ofc and you could pick it up from there. This refers to the plan to fly to U.S. to pick up.

OR aeropostal or some other trustworthy entity or who knows.....research.

Why fly to atlanta when stick folks are willing to ship it to wherever you say!

Some say the cr post office box system has gotten tighter! Insure it for twice the value and send to Oracio. Ask oracio his thoughts on shipping an instrument.
Just an idea.

So the question is, has anyone lived overseas (not in Western Europe) where they had to rely upon either a possibly questionable (reliability wise) postal delivery service (insured for double the amount though), or Is it worth it to fly to the states to pick up somewhere will call?

Thank you

Alberto
Bamboo Grand #6865

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Advice for Newbie
Yo.

SE always suggest UPS, which is super reliable. Should be safe as houses. I'm down under-under.

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Yes, but this is Costa Rica and nit U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Australia, etc., a developing nation that does not have UPS service except perhaps in San José, the capital. I wish I did not feel the need to most likely travel to the U.S. to pick up my instrument in some part of the country where they may have will call pickup. To go to California to SE would mean paying an extra $300 in sales tax. Ouch!

Alberto
Bamboo Grand #6865

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Your shortest route is to Florida, just over a thousand kilometers and up the same longitudinal line. We can ship your instrument there without any California sales tax and no immediate customs (duty) charge by your country.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Thank you so much much Emmett for your response. I still remember the excellent service you gave me back in '97 when I was living in Seattle. Hopefully with a little more perseverance this time around I will have many years of tapping to come.

Alberto
Bamboo Grand #6865

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 pm