It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

Railboard volume 

Post Railboard volume
I bought a Railboard and received it at the beginning of July. I am thoroughly enjoying the instrument and find that I am progressing slowly but positively.

I have tried several of my amps including melody into my 65 deluxe reverb reissue and bass into my gkmb500/Phil Jones 4x5s as well as both inputs into both channels of my Fishman loudbox and my jbl eon 1.

I have also run it with the mono patch into all of the aforementioned. The best response I have received was mono regular 1/4" into one channel of the deluxe.

My question is, what are other Railboard users using to get a better volume out of the instrument. When I plug my bass or guitar into the amps with the same volume setting, they are at enormo-dome stage levels.

Thank you in advance.
Mic

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Post Re: Railboard volume
I should add that I am not an effects guy.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Actually the output volume of the railboard is very low when it's not plugged with phantom power but maintains the same signal to noise ratio as if it were being "juiced up". If you need it Louder there's two options: you either connect it passive to a preamp (like the step a bout or a SP2) before it goes to your amp or you connect it to a preamp with xlr inputs and feed it phantom power, then the amp. Either way, you get the same tone and, as I mentioned, the same signal to noise ratio. It's just a matter of what suits you best. Hope that helps. Cheers Rodrigo.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Thank you. I'll try that. I didn't know how the phantom power works, I'll look into that.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 pm

I don't have much to add, but I can second what bachdois said. Output is indeed low, but usable and I haven't had a S/N ratio problem.

Railboard #6965

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Thank you. I have found the volume very usable as well. I am wondering what it would be like live with a band. Not anywhere near there yet so I will cross that when I get there.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:52 pm