It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

New Millennium by Dream Theater 

Post New Millennium by Dream Theater
Hey guys, a few months later and I'm just now picking up the Stick again to try and actually learn a full song. I regret this but I had regressed back to bass, as I got a bit frustrated being unable to play anything that sounded cool, only little basic things I did while messing around. However, I was listening to New Millennium by Dream Theater and watching it live, and since DT is my favorite band, I figured that should definitely be the first song I try to learn. I'm getting more comfortable with the method and tuning of the instrument now I think but I'm still not fully warmed up to it.

Has anyone else heard or learned how to play the song? I can play the intro part on the melody side and the bass riff that comes after that but I haven't started learning the rest yet.

10-string Polycarbonate Stick #1946

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:12 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: New Millennium by Dream Theater
Not sure if this is the song but I gave John Myung some Stick lessons about 10 years ago and he recorded some of our explorations. Interesting music indeed
Steve A

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

New Millenium is a great tune! I look forward to hearing it, man! I don't play that one, but I arranged Pull Me Under and Erotomania for the Stick, not because there's any Stick playing in it, but because I like them...

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:29 am

Lee Vatip wrote:
Not sure if this is the song but I gave John Myung some Stick lessons about 10 years ago and he recorded some of our explorations. Interesting music indeed
Steve A

That's crazy, giving John Myung himself lessons! I wonder if some of that made it onto the song or not.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:01 am

Jayesskerr wrote:
New Millenium is a great tune! I look forward to hearing it, man! I don't play that one, but I arranged Pull Me Under and Erotomania for the Stick, not because there's any Stick playing in it, but because I like them...

That's awesome, do you have an videos of you playing those? I love both those songs and I'd love to hear stick versions

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:02 am