It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:36 am

Deep baritone Melody 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Deep baritone Melody
Hello all, does anyone have any samples of a railboard tuned to deep baritone Melody? I am thinking of purchasing one and would like to get sample sounds from it. Is there a stick anonymous? I think i have a problem, if I buy it it'll be the third stick I buy in under a year , i think i'm an addict.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sat May 13, 2017 6:43 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Deep baritone Melody
"Deep Bari" buries your melody down deeper into the lower melody register. It carries more weight, more power against the bass side. It's the MR tuning down a 4th, losing the high C and adding a low interior B. Same "matched reciprocation" per given fret. (1G, 2D, 3A, 4E and 5B on the melody side.)

I play RMR with highest melody D corresponding to lowest bass D, but am very tempted to move my melody down a 4th, transferring strings and SlideBlock distances at the bridge outward by one string, losing the high D and gaining an interior low C#. (1A, 2E, 3B, 4F# and 5C#.)

I'd have more power. It would be a better and more balanced instrument (I feel), but I'd lose those glorious high notes in my song arrangements. For a purely improvising mode, that's the way I'd go.

Such a tuning would raise the bass side up a whole tone while keeping the melody "Baritone". (1highA, 2E, 3B, 4F#, and 5lowC# / 6lowD, 7A, 8E, 9B and 10high F#.)

Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Deep baritone Melody
Thank you very much sir. I think of it as the inside 10 strings of my 12 string which is tuned DMR but up a step from what i see in the diagram. I find it a comfortable tuning for certain ideas where my hands are covering both sides of the board mainly working the inside strings. When i switch to my 10 string dmr i find myself wishing i had the inside 10 strings of the 12. I just wasn' t sure how it would sound on a railboard. I guess deep bari melody lowered a full step would be the inside 10 of a dmr12. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sat May 13, 2017 12:59 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Deep baritone Melody
On a related question, starting with baritone melody 10 string, if I lower the Melody side by one tone (2 steps), does that create the inner 10 strings of DMR(12)? If not, how would you describe that tuning?

What I'd like to know is how I could simply experiment with an MR tuning, starting from baritone melody?

=//====> #1817 10-string padauk/paua ACTV2 EMG flaps+rails
Deep Baritone Melody inner 10 strings of Matched Reciprocal 12
Stand-up Stick Stand (SUSS) - easy DIY project

Sat May 13, 2017 9:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery