It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

Setup/ action issue on 10 string Stick 

Post Setup/ action issue on 10 string Stick
Hello.
My 10 string Stick was laying in case for couple of years I've came up to an issue with propper setup on it.
I am trying to set up the lowest action thats possible with the most soft "feeling" of strings.
Of course, I start with getting the fretboard flat by trussrod. If I lower flaps I am getting fretbuzz, so I did (I know..) lower bridge a little (1 full rotation under each string)- that with raising a little flaps gave me soft string "feeling" and low action.
The issue is that the 2 lowest bass strings (G and C on 12th fret) ant first two melody (F# and B) gets almost no sounding tone. All other strings in all positions are sounding good, with good "stick" tone.

I do believe that this could be because of an old set of strings (since I have never changed them).
Any other ideas?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:19 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Setup/ action issue on 10 string Stick
Hey, I think Greg Howard could probably help you take care of getting it set up a bit better via a Skype lesson or something; I think he deals with that sort of thing all the time.. Steve Adelson also...

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm