It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

CITES and Rosewood 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post CITES and Rosewood
This might affect some of us over time. All species of rosewood are now under the CITES treaty. This means that as current stocks of rosewood dwindle it will be hard to purchase instruments made with it. It will also be harder to sell used instruments outside of your countries' borders. The rosewood Sticks from the recent past were all East Indian Rosewood. That is the last species of rosewood that was not under CITES. It is now as of the first of this year.

If you want a rosewood instrument you should probably get it soon. I love my rosewood SG12 and plan on keeping for the duration.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery