[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickist.com - View topic - Still waiting....
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 am

Still waiting.... 

Post Still waiting....
or What to do while waiting for a Stick :)

Well, I've nearly finished reading Stickman by Jim Reilly, great book; really good insight into Emmett's life and what drove him on to create the Stick and the free hands playing method. Upmost respect for Mr Chapman :)

Have been going through Greg Howards tutorial DVD, which is great and well produced but without a Stick ... it's just been making me want it more.

Trawling the internet for all things Stick related...

Drooling over a Mod Duo, looks like a very cool FX unit

Annoying the wife, but that happens most days TBH :)

Honestly, I don't think I've been this excited with anticipation since I was a kid... It's like feckin Xmas!

Please Mr Chapman let me have my Stick, soon... I've (mostly) been well behaved...

Anyhoo, will let you know when it arrives.

Back to pacing..........

Peace n Love from Bristol, UK

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:03 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Still waiting....

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hey great unboxing Vid Paigan. Doesn't help with my frustration though, well a little, but hey glad you got yours. Will definitely post when I get mine.

I'm kinda reassured that your order is on day 57 :) Looking forward to seeing that unboxing.

I keep telling myself it will be worth it and I know it will. :D

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

What's the estimated wait time these days?

Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Ah, you boys crack me up. When I got my first Stick I just drove to Sam Ash NYC and bought it off the wall....

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:13 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:09 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Lol I once dealt with Fender on a replacement neck that had been broken on a signature series Strat. I wanted a new neck with the same serial.

Fender doesn't DO that...

Lol Once the appropriate level of grovelling had been achieved, and the proper bribes paid, and all documents and waivers signed it was only six months wait!

For a neck. That is CNC'd. That they make thousands of.

I was warned that "I would get it when I fucking got it, and to fuck off with phone calls and emails or they wouldn't do it"

Plus I had to pay in advance... lol Kind of like the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld, those Fender guys...

My Railboard took quite some time to come, but my Grand sort of surprised me. The Grand wasn't too big of a deal, because I had two other Sticks to play already and I was really confused with where to begin musically on the instrument. But the Grand was finished really quickly, and I play it way more than my Railboard...

Anyways, I'm sure you guys will get your new instruments soon enough, and the freaking out will be over hehe Kind of funny in a way...

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:14 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I got grand stick last year.

The spec of my grand stick is wenge body, linear inlay, Black tuners, PASV-4 pickup.
In my case, I paid $ 300 as a deposit one month after ordering.
Then,about 1.5 months later I got a stick.
I think that the delivery date will also change depending on the material of the wood and the type of pickup, inlays and tunes.
In my case I also remember that they had no stock of PASV-4, and that a little production was delayed.

Please look forward to it.

Best,

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:59 am