It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:16 pm

Reason for a curious bridge slider issue revealed... 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Reason for a curious bridge slider issue revealed...
When adjusting the string heigt & intonnation on my 2009 bamboo grand #5826 I'd noticed that one of the bridge sliders seemed to be different to the rest. It was both shorter along the length of the string and 'taller' in height, i.e. the pedestal in the middle with the screw in it was higher than the other sliders.

Attachment:
2024-04-01_15-54_DSCF9465_crop_resize.jpg

It wasn't really a issue, just an oddity, till I wanted to lower that string further. To work around the issue I decided to swap the odd slider to a place where the extra height wasn't a problem.

When I totally unscrewed the slider and lifted it the root was the issue was revealed. The slider was broken in two. The reason it was shorter & taller was that one of the broken bits had slid under the other.

Now I know that I can just see it in the above image (the slightly different texture at the base of the pedestal), but no way could I see that & tell what it was with the naked eye.

Here's what the removed slider looks like.

Attachment:
2024-04-03_16-09_DSCF9486_resize.jpg

Presumably this is just part of the Stick's history and another part of the rich tapestry of life. I've no complaints. For all I know the previous few owners were as unaware of the issue as I was. :)

Now I'm aware of the root cause I've been able to position the parts carefully & get the string height I need, but I've also written to Jeff asking if SE sell bridge sliders.

So if you ever find a short but tall bridge slider you now know what to check for...

(Edited to correct typo: based => base)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic (For Sale)

Last edited by DavidWS on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:22 am

Post Re: Reason for a curious bridge slider issue revealed...
Thank You!!!

deep red railboard grand

Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:05 pm