[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Stickist.com - View topic - Stick Lessons via Skype and Facetime
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Stick Lessons via Skype and Facetime 
Post Re: Stick Lessons via Skype video
I thought iChat could do video conferencing. Mac guys...here's your cue.

Michael

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

iChat also works with AIM over Windows. Another benefit with iChat is that it allows you to record your video chats as MPEG-4 format files for later viewing.

Take care,

Paul

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi, all.

I'm bumping this thread because I had a lesson with Greg. I'd like to encourage everyone to try this out! As we all know, Greg is a wonderful player with what seems to me to be infinite technique. He is also a composer and author with a growing set of books and materials for us. But, for me, his greatest skill comes out in a lesson. He has taught so many people over the years that in the first lesson with him he has you figured out. He can zoom right in to the very core of your playing and see where you need growth the most.

Like a lot of Stick players, I've been teaching myself how to play with just the help of books, this forum, and a few seminars. It appears that I've made good progress this way! (Thanks for the compliment, Greg, I'm still glowing from it!) However, I've also picked up some bad habits, of course. Greg is able to see the whole of your playing and cut right to the chase. You'll find out where your greatest weakness is, but, more importantly, you'll find out how to improve it.

I already knew what my weakness was, I have no groove! My time sense is almost non-existent. I know that all too well, what I didn't know was how to improve it. I've tried everything I know about. There was nothing more for me to try. Greg saw this issue, too. But, he was able to tell me how to start attacking the issue. He told me the small baby-steps I need to take right now, not the theory that I already know.

I'm going to work on this for a month and have another lesson. I hope he'll see some progress. If he doesn't I'm sure that'll he have more things for me to try. This expert ability to see the whole of someone's playing and know what they need, takes a long time to develop, decades usually. A few Stick players have that experience. And Greg is just a few mouse clicks away. To be able to have lessons from him on a routine basis is truly amazing.

Skype lessons work! You need to just try it and see how much farther it will take you. I can't recommend this enough, just do it!

-Eric

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:20 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:02 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hi Everyone,

So far I've had lessons with people in 7 different time zones. So sometimes I'm drinking coffee at 8:00 in the morning while my student on the other side of the world is drinking a beer (hopefully the first).

I don't know what Don's experience has been, but for me the setup that seems to work best is an amp in each room, with one mic to pick up the sound in each room.

Anyway, I just wanted to remind folks that I'm doing this, as is Don Schiff. If you're interested, Skype is free and all you need is a web cam and a PayPal account to get going (and a Stick of course).

Drop me or Don a line if interested in further details.

Happy Tapping,
Greg

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next