It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 am

10 & 12 STRING MR TUNING FINGERBOARD DIAGRAM 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post 10 & 12 STRING MR TUNING FINGERBOARD DIAGRAM
I got my first stick last year and have used Greg's Stick book and CD exclusively with good results. To help me master the fingerboard I put together this diagram and for me has proved invaluable. Please feel free to use as well. ps I have used sharps in the diagram but these can also be flat as well. If anyone would like a copy of the excel file I created to make their own alterations please let me know.

Jason

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: 10 & 12 STRING MR TUNING FINGERBOARD DIAGRAM
tyscaman wrote:
I got my first stick last year and have used Greg's Stick book and CD exclusively with good results. To help me master the fingerboard I put together this diagram and for me has proved invaluable. Please feel free to use as well. ps I have used sharps in the diagram but these can also be flat as well. If anyone would like a copy of the excel file I created to make their own alterations please let me know.

Jason

Hi Jason,

The diagram didn't really show up well on my browser. I'd suggest making it a jpeg or pdf.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:27 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Greg,
I tried to attach a pdf originally but got a message saying pdf extension not allowed. The file you can see is a JPeg. Manny can you advise on best method of getting files attached please.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:50 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

tyscaman wrote:
Hi Greg,
I tried to attach a pdf originally but got a message saying pdf extension not allowed. The file you can see is a JPeg. Manny can you advise on best method of getting files attached please.

Images are best hosted somewhere like flickr.com and links posted within 'img' tags, imho.

However, if you 'right-click, save-as' on the image above, you can download the jpg and view it how you like...just stating the obvious ;-)

Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:21 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

tyscaman wrote:

Jason

Hi Jason,

Most people play the melody string between the 8th and 17th frets most of the time, so your chart would be more useful if it extended up into that range.

Personally, I prefer string-horizontal charts to string vertical ones, because I think they represent more what I see when I look at the fretboard from the player perspective.

They also seem to be more "screen-friendly" but less paper page friendly.

But I'm in the minority on that one, I think.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks Greg, Thats a good point, doing the diagram help me to see relationships between bass and melody in the MR tuning, to tell you the truth I am trying to more learn the feel of the fretboard - I think you mentioned this is what you have learn't to do over the years in a previous post. The best trick I have found / developed and this sounds crazy is close the curtains turn off all the lights (total darkness except the glow of the amplifier) and just play - I'm amazed sometimes what I can do using this method, it's never the same with the lights on!!! because my brain just can't help analysing the root note or intervals and what the chord or scale is etc. and this stops any flow.

Jason

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:44 pm