It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:21 am

Bach in graphics 

Post Bach in graphics
Since 2003 I developed a graphic method to teach about the construction of chords.
I have included them on my second video for the Kelstone contest.
If you think it's not a good way to promote my participation, don't click before november 25 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiwdzlqwEOI
It's an adaptation of J.S. Bach's prelude in Cmajor bwv846 from the Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1 as i played in Leeuwarden 1999 stick seminar, but hands-on-top (contest rules).
My first video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8Kios23U0&NR=1
posted as "Bach in one hand" is dedicated to Virna Splendore, who encouraged me in 99 to continue fighting with Bach. I was just started to learn this prelude in D minor bwv 1008, in last May, and the shocking news forced me trying to do my best.
If you like this and want to help me, please share it and let it know to others musicians, teachers and fans.
The prize is a Kelstone, and I need it to help some handicap people.
Thank you all.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:48 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Bach in graphics
Wow, that was really amazing! nice job. It was really trippy to see those shapes form the harmony and just the overall graphic concept really. That would be a great teaching tool as well, and maybe another graph for the other hand on the future. Congrats and I hope you win the contest. Cheers

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:46 am

Thank you for your encouraging words.
Actually this is a simplification to 2-dimensional model of a previous 3. I worked in the nineties 3D virtual realities made up in 2002 to mark the year of Gaudi in Barcelona and having made the finished Sagrada Familia by Antoni Gaudí's original documents, I suffered a nervous breakdown. For the rest, I have started experimenting on musical performances, seeking ways to meet touch, hearing and vision in one self-explanatory model that would allow disabled people access music.
If you really want, I can add information.
The Kelstone contest is regulated in a way that I would spend two months of chasing friends and connect to YouTube for new subscribers, commenting on other links to encourage visits to my channel, giving me high on twitter. .. I think it's better to take time and life, making things more useful to everyone.

Andreu

Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:53 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Well, thanks for sharing about yourself. Life is certainly confusing but in the end I'd say we'll come out on top(in some weird way or another). I think your effort is well worth pursing and would benefit us all in new visual way. I don't know much about business but there has to be a market for this thing. It appears to be able to translate to any instrument right? Although I enjoy the fretboard and find it visually/geometrically appealing.

It is really compassionate to focus on people with disability's and those with unique 'issues. Way to be mate, I think you are on the right path. Oh, and please share some more of your own music! I'd love to hear some originals on that kelstone. Thats your main instrument now huh? You liking that quite a bit?

And for new ways of touching/feeling/experiencing music: that is something I seek as well.
One basic thing I have found are: headphone concerts, or rather house gatherings where the audience has earphones. Slightly isolated and astronautical in nature, and maybe a bit 'cold, but that can be offset if the music is really in the zone(with really good stereo/sound quality). And not those huge earmuff phones which sound amazing, but you can't break the "i have this bulky contraption on my head" feeling. The ones with decent bass but you forget that you are even wearing them. I would be interested to try this out at a stick seminar oneday. That could be really cool. Ahh too many ideas for now...

Thanks again!

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:18 pm