It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

two hand independence and interdependence 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post two hand independence and interdependence
Greetings,
I am an acupuncturist / hypnotherapist-NLP practitioner in Seattle... I have been working on some self-hypnosis techniques that can help develop resources and skills in playing the Stick. These involve aspects of Trance and "modeling" using NLP... being that the imagination is the "language" of the unconscious mind, and the emotion is the "prime motivator" of the unconscious mind.
One can, through self-hypnosis and modeling (NLP) develop a positive and creative "Inner Game" for mastery of this wonderful instrument...
I would be interested to know if any players out there have had experience with or are doing any time of "Inner" development along those lines...
To your Highest and Best!
Randy Clere 8-)

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:32 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: two hand independence and interdependence
I'd be interested in hearing/reading more. Where are some resources to look at?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

+2.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I'm open to this too.

Kris

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:44 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hi Randy,I am working with the essential ideas of what you are talking about and believe that there is an alternative approach for people who have seeming blocks to traditional learning and reading music notation.

I teach yoga and it becomes obvious that some peoples bodies i.e. bone structure will
not allow them to do poses that other people can do with ease. So there are modifications
but they are still doing yoga.

It is the same with music; I believe there are similar neurological processing
pathways that enable skills on an instrument. Simply some approaches work better for some people than others and there are reasons that are as hard wired in the brain as the bones in the body .
Music notation is a standard approach but a lot of musicians just don't get it. It's like a mountain you are supposed to climb.
But I think what happens when people climb that mountain by forcing themselves to
do it and then don't reach there musical potential because they get stuck along the way.
This short coming is usually chalked up to "not trying hard enough" or feeling inadequate.

But what if there was "a new path to the waterfall"? Nothing would be excluded. This is not
being against but being inclusive. So including NLP, including "the inner game of music",
including technology, software, live computer interfacing, Mirror practicing, looping,
video self analysis. :geek: There is some new collection of techniques and approaches
that has not fully emerged but i think that it will in the future. It would be helpful to "regular
musicians" as another way of going about it that would be liberating but revelatory to musicians who find themselves up against an invisible boundary that masks itself as
lack of talent or willfulness when what it really is; is that their brains work differently
and they need another set of guidelines.
Just some of my thoughts.
jrj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Hey whats the deal with NLP? I've heard some conflicting reports, so any solid info/links would help. I would like to see how it aligns with music and creativity.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:58 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ben, It's probably better to leave NLP out of it because it is mired in scandle. I found tons of
links here in the WIKI; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-ling ... rogramming if your
interested. If you can get past the nonsense there are valuable insights inside of "neuro-
Linguistic-Programing" but the subject is so vast that you might want to turn over other stones.
jrj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:34 am