It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm

Dry Erase Touchboard - cheap and helps teach! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Dry Erase Touchboard - cheap and helps teach!
The Dry Erase Touchboard is not a new secret composite Emmett is working on, but a cheap, and I mean cheap easy teaching gadget you can create with very little cash involved. First go to Stick.com to instruments and tunings at "http://www.stick.com/instruments/tunings"- find your tuning, and print it out. Go to your local copy place and enlarge the fretboard part of the page to fit onto a 8x11 paper.(.07 USD) Then have them laminate the page- (approx $2.19 USD) , while you are there, pick up some dry erase markers-($2-3.00 USD) used for those magnetic bulletin boards on everyone's fridge. Now you can write down everything from chord shapes, to scale tones, to note intervals, and modes to solo over on a particular piece, with the occidental notes in a different color i.e. G to an E7, the g could be green and the g# could be red to remind you to switch when you get to the E7! You can write out your scales in actual notes and circle roots or key tones in your song you want to emphasize for color. You can take a chord and spread the notes out over both sides for wide-open voicings. The best part is you're just a wipe away from your next creative venture and getting to know the Touchboard a little better. - take care, Dave Brosky

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Dry Erase Touchboard - cheap and helps teach!
Great idea, Dave! I've got pages and pages of hand-drawn fretboard that I photocopy (and I haven't gotten to the 12-string...yet.) I still have to draw out the first one, though, I use different tunings. But, yeah,"I would never had thought of that"...

Marty

P.S. #5657 is DONE! (Details at Eleven)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:08 pm