Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: a new way to view modes and chords
Very interesting. requires further study. for sure

Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

In the end the big three method books by Mr. Chapman , Mr Howard , and Mr.Adelson, are going to get you the furthest I think . That and just learning songs seems to do the most for me IMHO. Just pick things on the easy side in different keys. You can forget them a week later and you don’t need to make them perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rodan07 wrote:
Hey guys,

I got an inspiration in my sleepless state.

As many of you might experience, the parts of the Stick that are closest to your eyes are the easiest, most familiar, and probably the easiest to imagine away from the instrument. Conversely, the highest frets are not only farther away, but angled quite a bit, so the patterns I've learned are slanted and harder to see on the instrument.

When we look at chords and modes on charts, we see them flat out on the page or screen, conveniently displayed for our edification. What if - and here's the BIG idea, guys - we rotated those charts in 3-D space to match our view of the instrument? Flatten them out, angle them down. Then, when looking at the chart, it matches.

What do y'all think? I should be able to cook up something in After Effects that works...

R
I've always found having the strings as the horizontal component and the frets as the vertical component of a graphic is easier to visualize than the other way. If you have my songbook, check out the Keymap™ concept. with an actual-size representation of the relevant are of the board right on the page. You can place you hand right on the pattern and play the paper. not possible in the strings-vertical mode...

Additionally, I recommend "visualization" over actual looking wherever feasible...

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery