It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

Tuning Instructions Railboard 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Tuning Instructions Railboard
Regarding digital tuners: I have two. I use a Snark clip-on tuner when I'm practicing. But when it really matters, like when I record or if I change strings and check intonation, or perform, I use a Korg TM-40 (tuner/metronome in one). I have to plug into it, but it's MUCH more accurate. (Korg tuners in general have been great and very reliable for a very long time.)
Also keep in mind that if you change to Classic tuning, you will need a different set of melody strings. As JRJ already said, if you try to tune up to Classic (a 4th higher on the Melody side) you could break a string.
And if you DO change strings, you'll need to change your settings on your bridge and nut, as the strings have different thicknesses. The thicker strings will need to be lowered and your intonation will need to be re-set.
I will also agree with others who've said that notes will not be easier to locate. All changing to Classic will do is give you the exact same note geometry; it will just move down one string. And then you'll have to learn all the new notes on the first string.
If you haven't changed yet, stay with Baritone Melody, enjoy the ride, and get familiar with it on its own terms.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Tue May 23, 2017 4:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery