https://youtu.be/f2O6mQkFiiw

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:48 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Sounds right to me ;)
Lots of that rang true to me Rodrigo, so thanks for a little wake up call on the topic of effective practice. Practicing in ones mind is something I've also learned of previously but it was termed creative visualisation. :idea: Personally I think there is something in it. :D
With limited time , much of that video is good advice for me.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Sounds right to me ;)
Great video, I saw something like it quite some time ago. There's this book called "The Talent Code" that talks a lot about myelin, learning and focused practice. A LOT about focused practice, actually. I am absolutely obsessed with efficient learning strategies, I am a hardcore practicer. But, I gotta see results. No results = very upset little person... and yeah, I could talk about practice/study/learning all day...

For me, the separate sides of the instrument (Stick) when I play them separately are not really an issue. One side is a guitar, and the other side is a backwards bass. Figuring out the bass and treble sides and their tuning is not the issue. The Issue (for me) is playing both "sides" together in simultaneous fashion in a semi musical fashion. The other issue was in finding a way to practice that "diversion of concentration" in a tangible and practical way that yields results. Y'know, a way to do "focused" practice? One major step forward came from recognizing that The Stick ( Although related) is not a guitar or a bass. Treating it as a modified guitar/bass was not helpful to me (my mistake) And another step forward came from recognizing (and being at peace with) being an absolute beginner on this instrument. This mindset, once adopted was very liberating. I found my way of "Focused Practice" and it is paying off daily. It's really kind of funny how the "hang ups" are always very small, simple things...

Now that's not to say that the previous things I tried, and experiences, lessons, experiments, etc weren't helpful, because they absolutely all were (critical elements, even); It all led to finding an effective practice/study method that works for me. A sort of starting point if you will...

Focused practice. My .002

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:08 am