It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2 to 3 feet of snow coming!!!!! 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: 2 to 3 feet of snow coming!!!!!
Rand,
I can't believe this winter. Granted, for us it's only top 10 at this point, but still, it's been a soul-crusher, hasn't it? (Hasn't done my back any good, either.)
Best of luck over the rest of it!

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Snow has not been an issue here, but for two days now the wind has been downright dangerous in terms of speed and temperature. One of the "widow makers" speared the roof of one of my parents' outbuildings a few nights ago.

I mentioned in my "Health News" thread that cold weather makes my symptoms worse, and I am definitely feeling it.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:34 pm

The snow here in New Hampshire is ridiculous! Not to mention the cold temps and high winds. I'm planning to retire from my day job in 3 to 4 years and become a snow bird. Spend the winter months in southern Florida! I'll bring my wife, musical instruments, motorcycle and sun block!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:01 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I'm done with this nonsense. Friday morning, 6:30am, I'm up on the roof breaking up an ice dam to stop the water dripping into the house. Up there again at 9:00 pm. And now another foot of snow and the cold, howling winds.

I have to shovel a little path for the poor dog (a black pug), who half the time won't even go out. He looks at me with that seriously look on his face.

I have some drifts taller than me (I'm 5'11"). I can't walk around the outside of the house. I had to climb out a today window to make sure that the clothes dryer vent and the furnace exhaust wasn't buried.

I hope the gas company doesn't mind that I don't shovel a nice path to the meter for them, although I know it is likely my responsibility.

I take a ferry into Boston everyday for my work commute and over the past couple of weeks we've had an ice breaker get us out in the morning. I'm not kidding. An ice breaker - which is kinda cool, by the way.

Other than the ice breaker, I'm done.

Since when did music become all about the words

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Okay. Luc and John. I am begging your forgiveness in advance. I have 8 or so inches coming tomorrow. That being said, I'm on a VERY treacherous, hilly, winding country road. With my truck out of commission, I will be just as stranded as if I had 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Dang. GettIng what I need in the morning so I can chill at the house and play games with the kids for a couple days. At least I don't have to worry about the roof, and at least I can open my front door...

My heart goes out to you guys. I don't think I want to live up north.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:28 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

here in New Jersey when the weatherman says snow everyone runs out to buy milk, bread, and eggs. what are they making, french toast?

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:03 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AnDroiD wrote:
here in New Jersey when the weatherman says snow everyone runs out to buy milk, bread, and eggs. what are they making, french toast?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Believe it or not, here in Maine, where people ought to know better, there's a run on the grocery stores for those staples, plus water. It's ridiculous.
I think that may be more proof that a lot more people than I thought have moved in to Maine over the past few years.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:37 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Luc, that's classic! There's even a 2 part parody on YouTube about buying bread and milk lol! That's a tradition that goes back to our parents days :D .
Johnmac, I can empathize with ya, I can't even use our front stairs because of dripping icicles that form treacherous coatings a few inches deep on the stairs, even using salt, clearing snow on the roof and breaking up ice in the gutters. I dug out an area for our dog about 3x8 from the back door and it took over an hour! Thankfully the snow is light and fluffy, but that also allowed the wind to keep blowing it back. I honestly had trouble throwing the snow from my shovel because the drifts and piles of snow were over my head as well, I'm 5'10".
I was up in Ogunquit,ME for a few days last week with my wife. They had as much snow last week as we did here on the MASS. Southcoast. Yesterday that area got the same as us again, 20". This is just crazy, there is no place to out the snow anymore. We live in a suburb, I can't imagine the difficulties living in the city where streets are narrow, no place to park, cars being buried, smaller pieces of property so where do you piled up the snow????
Being a snowbird is not yet an option for me either, at least for a few more years. But as crazy as this is, there is a side of me that also enjoys it :mrgreen: ! I think I'd feel sort of left out if I missed it!
Rand

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:06 am

RandO wrote:
Luc, that's classic! There's even a 2 part parody on YouTube about buying bread and milk lol! That's a tradition that goes back to our parents days :D .
Johnmac, I can empathize with ya, I can't even use our front stairs because of dripping icicles that form treacherous coatings a few inches deep on the stairs, even using salt, clearing snow on the roof and breaking up ice in the gutters. I dug out an area for our dog about 3x8 from the back door and it took over an hour! Thankfully the snow is light and fluffy, but that also allowed the wind to keep blowing it back. I honestly had trouble throwing the snow from my shovel because the drifts and piles of snow were over my head as well, I'm 5'10".
I was up in Ogunquit,ME for a few days last week with my wife. They had as much snow last week as we did here on the MASS. Southcoast. Yesterday that area got the same as us again, 20". This is just crazy, there is no place to out the snow anymore. We live in a suburb, I can't imagine the difficulties living in the city where streets are narrow, no place to park, cars being buried, smaller pieces of property so where do you piled up the snow????
Being a snowbird is not yet an option for me either, at least for a few more years. But as crazy as this is, there is a side of me that also enjoys it :mrgreen: ! I think I'd feel sort of left out if I missed it!
Rand

Well I had to work today, it was 1 below and windy when I got out of my house and my driveway was half covered again because of snow drifts. I live in the burbs and have plenty of place to snow blow the stuff but the wind keeps putting it right back where it was removed. (as I'm sure you can relate too) I fully intend to become a snow bird in 2018 / 2019 and afterwards hope to never deal with this stuff again! :lol: It's a bit chilly in my basement/music room too but at least my graphite grand doesn't react to weather. I always need to adjust the necks of my basses when the seasons change but the graphite grand is as stable regardless of weather and humidity changes.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:26 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BTW this is rrlavigne, I found my old username and password so I'm going back to using that as I have a lot of forum history attached to it.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next