It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 "Good News/Bad News" misinformation 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: "Good News/Bad News" misinformation
I too read that post at Tappistry thought a lot about it. So thank you, Emmet, for putting back the true colors to the picture! :-))

After reading that post I put in my order for a Stick Grand. Not as reaction to that post though. More like a funny coincidence. And later that night I went to see Stickmen's gig here in Stockholm. A very sticky day. Need to prepare for the seven to nine months limbo...

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Last edited by Per Boysen on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

This news is always a drag. I assume it is done to get the other brand and name, TT to proliferate on the web. Any news, good or bad can help create web traffic. I am going to stop supporting this behavior and not mention TT.

Unfortunately with a highly competitive market there will always be someone trying to create a more innovative, higher quality, feature packed, less expensive product by using current products as a springboard. Some succeed and most fail. Generally, cost driven copies will always be viewed as facsimiles that support the innovation of the original. This defensive comparison are the tactics taken by struggling competitors that hold a smaller share of the market.

For example, the original Gibson F5 Loar mandolin from 1922 that was a huge innovation that radically changed the mandolin. Now there are hundreds of manufacturers of F5's, but most would love to own an original Loar. Yet Gibson does not release bad press about other brands. The same goes for countless instruments that have become part of music heritage. The originals continue to succeed with a passionate following. They are confident and have no need to discredit competitors. Most serious musicians know, value, and cherish the originals.

If I buy a $80- F5 off ebay and talk about how crappy a new Gibson F5 is because they cost $12,000- and they are difficult to find, it make me look like fool. There are a lot of brands propagating attitudes like this--thus making fools out of their customers.

I hope that SE doesn't fall into these discrediting defensive ways. It creates a negative vibe that is replicated by its players and consumes a brand. Who wants to play with the musician always defending their gear and whining about other brands? Who wants to be associated with that?

If someone can't afford the best, I would rather have another player with a like-tuned instrument building a bigger community. Stick is an iconic heritage brand with a passionate community. Let's keep it that way.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:33 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

In addition to what Rob said, I would also add this.

While many of these tactics are frequently employed when one big faceless corporation are trying to market themselves favorably against another big faceless corporation. we know the face and the person behind the Stick. And yes, we also know the faces and the persons behind some of the competitors. That makes this much more personal. So while many of these tactics dance along a fine line of legality, it doesn't make them right.

Once a huckster ...

Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:40 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Per Boysen wrote:
And later that night I went to see Stickmen's gig here in Stockholm. A very sticky day. Need to prepare for the seven to nine months limbo...

Shit. I forgot to call you. :oops: I was there too. I spent quite alot of time with Tony and the band both at the IB Expo in Halmstad and in Stockholm. Would have been good fun to say Hi to you at Fashing. I and my girlfriend sat close to the bar (as always :o ).

Sincerely//Jan

Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:24 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I would rather be known as not yet (ns?) stick ( still cant decide) for the next 16 months than ever be called now megatar. Could I have one of those ......instruments???, much sooner than one from SE??? Ofcourse, but I've done a lot of reading over the past number of weeks and it's so very, very clear as to which company is more reputable. There is something very oily about that Traktor character. ....After you speak with someone at SE ,you hang up the phone and you think, these are people who I would want to know even if I wasn't buying something from them. To me that says it all.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 pm
*sigh*
since no one here is willing to take the low road, please allow me:

I find this fat little troll of a shuckster truly pathetic. He 'trolls' this forum looking for people trying to find a Stick and then tries to down-sell them to one of his instruments?
Good grief!

And I always loved the video he posted where, when responding to a challenge to prove that his method of teaching two handed tapping was faster & more intuitive than Emmett's, he posted a video where you could only see him playing with one hand! Trust him, he said in the video, they both are playing - he just couldn't figure out a way to use a camera & make it possible to show both of his hands playing simultaneously! har freakin har!

You know, if this d-bag would just promote his instrument & method, i would have no problem with him at all. But because the only apparent method that he has to sell his crap is to dog the Stick and use their trademarks in his website urls and what not, I just find him pathetic.

Traktor, you turgid fart sack, I challenge you!

Remove all mention of SE, The Stick & Emmett from all of your 4,000 websites & blogs for 1 year. Do it! Bet you can't.

I'll bet you $100 right here & now you can't do that. I'd make it more, but I need liquor like you need Emmett Chapman to survive.

C'mon!

Randy

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Go brother!!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:35 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Tractor Dopeass is a crapweasel. He and Tritone should get together and shove things into each other.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

To be fair, we all buy petroleum products and cheap plastic goods from people with far worse intentions than Traktor Topaz every day of our lives. It comes down to the question of the BETTER VALUE.

Is the megatar a better instrument than the stick? I doubt I could find even one guy on this forum who would claim such a thing...

However, some people quite like them for whatever reason, and what that reason is I cannot say because I've never held one. Maybe the "very high action" appeals to some? Or the fanned frets thing? Who knows? One thing is for sure, though: Megatar's appeal lies in low prices and short wait time... and only the latter is still appealing when the prices are no longer low.

And of course, it's not such a good idea to piss off the stick guys with lies when you're trying to swoon them with your own really bitchin' product.

Not lookin' good for Traktor...

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Not a car salesman. But.....

http://www.sweetheartreport.com/how-to- ... irlfriend/

and

http://sweetheartreport.com/for-musicia ... irlfriend/

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next