It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

Stick Dream - Greg! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Stick Dream - Greg!
Had a Stick dream last night. Greg Howard was performing and someone ran up and messed with the settings on his rack equipment , distorting and ruining the sound. Greg was furious by the look on his face, but kept going, until all his strings broke, he then dropped the Stick and walked off stage. Then it was my turn to play, and I couldn't find my Stick. The alarm went off and woke me up. hmmmmmmm. Greg-please don't tell me this really happened to you on a recent gig, that would be too freaky for me to handle. :o :D

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Stick Dream - Greg!
If someone jacked all the settings on Greg's rig, I have a feeling he'd still manage to make some kind of cool improv with it :lol:

Ever have the good 'ol playing naked on stage dream? :o Too many times for me :lol:

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jim B. wrote:
Had a Stick dream last night. Greg Howard was performing and someone ran up and messed with the settings on his rack equipment , distorting and ruining the sound. Greg was furious by the look on his face, but kept going, until all his strings broke, he then dropped the Stick and walked off stage. Then it was my turn to play, and I couldn't find my Stick. The alarm went off and woke me up. hmmmmmmm. Greg-please don't tell me this really happened to you on a recent gig, that would be too freaky for me to handle. :o :D

That's pretty funny.

The dreams like this I usually have are about being unprepared for important events, leaving my gear at home, missing a flight.

Of course Paganini used to break his strings for dramatic effect, maybe you're onto something....

Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Very funny. I had a dream where I went to a place to have my CD release party, and 10 min before I went on I realised all my stuff was at home, and it was 30 min each way to go get it... I was very happy to wake up....
And I can't say I have the old playing naked on stage dream... Hmm... :-)

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:34 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

It's funny how being late and forgetting gear is terrifying enough to constitute a nightmare for most musicians, myself included. I haven't had the naked-on-stage dream, at least not involving a Stick :oops:...

greg wrote:

Of course Paganini used to break his strings for dramatic effect, maybe you're onto something....

John Butler broke a string on his 12-string guitar and presto, the 11-string became "his sound". And does anyone remember the 2-string fretless bass player from the band Morphine?

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:07 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Uh-oh.. So far you're flying solo Matt... :D
Are you by any chance a Red hot chili peppers fan?
:)

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Hey! The Morphine base line is one of my favourites, easy with those double stop, 5ths tuning and great for the Stick.

I had a dream where I got the gig playing with Miles but the kit was'nt set up properly and it's time to play. I have'nt had a Stick nightmare yet, but I think I can feel one coming with the current lead up to the Melbourne Stick seminar....Ha LOL. No, it's all going well, check out www.myspace.com/aussiestickist spread the word and stay tuned for updates!

I have had the playing naked dream at least a dozen times.

Radkon

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 pm