It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Tappistry ban 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Tappistry ban
EricTheGray wrote:
I'm wondering if everyone realizes what TT is doing on twitter.com. Twitter has just opened up its home page for everyone to search and see what is being said about the topic. If you enter, "Chapman Stick" you get this:

Attachment:
Picture 4.png

If you follow some of the links there are videos from members of this forum on his YouTube site. I am finding this to be past annoying now. I'm not sure what to do about it, but, I do know that we need to add more posts about the real Stick on twitter, since it is getting seriously popular now.

Any thoughts?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

One tactic would be to make sure when you are posting about things that involve the Stick to make sure to call it Chapman Stick instead of just Stick. I did it today in a post to see what would happen and it went right to the top of the search list.

No one else I know tweets anywhere near as often as TT does (most of his are just recycled over and over again...), but there are thousands of people out there actually playing and making videos of The Chapman Stick so it should be easy to get enough critical mass to water down his approach.

...and those 7 characters you lose out of 140 might be put to better use in your message...

but that's one thing you could do if you are concerned about it TT's manipulation of Twitter's search function....

Ultimately I wouldn't worry about it too much. People are pretty savvy, and they can probably see that TT is just "gaming the system."

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:29 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
adde65 wrote:
...and the extensive use of "Chapman Stick" in every piece of Megatar advertising....

Cheers,
Andy

Freakin' Amen Brother!
I have never seen such a shameless sponge. I made the exact same comment not too long ago. The Twitter thing later on in the thread just reinforces the poin

Randy

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:52 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Welcome to Stickist Ernie! Glad to see you made it. Enjoyed the chatting - and your performance - at the last NY Stick seminar....

Dave

[color=#0000CC]http://www.ambientstickist.com

Last edited by DaveS on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:46 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Randy wrote:
adde65 wrote:
...and the extensive use of "Chapman Stick" in every piece of Megatar advertising....

Cheers,
Andy

Freakin' Amen Brother!
I have never seen such a shameless sponge. I made the exact same comment not too long ago. The Twitter thing later on in the thread just reinforces the poin

Randy

What burns my ass is that he says things like "for you Chapman Stick players who may want to upgrade to the Nitro...blah blah"

UPGRADE from the Stick to the Megatar? Sounds ass-backwards to me.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

heartstrings wrote:
Randy wrote:
adde65 wrote:

Cheers,
Andy

Freakin' Amen Brother!

Randy

What burns my ass is that he says things like "for you Chapman Stick players who may want to upgrade to the Nitro...blah blah"

UPGRADE from the Stick to the Megatar? Sounds ass-backwards to me.

oh yeah, let me upgrade to that Nitro right away! :D

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Heartstrings,

I think you meant Bass-Ackwards.

Regards,
Dan

P.S. That Arthur guy is pretty cutting-edge. Advertising on that new internet superhighway thingy? Marvelous.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:25 pm
Contributor
Contributor

evilgus wrote:
Interesting to note the lack of response from Traktor himself....

Or Tritone, my old buddy... :)

EG

Christ, it sounds like your insinuating that I'm that retard. You should know better if you've read any of my posts.

Nothing interesting here lately. Hence my absence. Although Manny did threaten me with anatomical dismemberment if I didn't stop making the regulars cry. (sup Steve.)

And reading through Tappistry.org is about as desirable as a case of botchulism. Nevertheless, I am feeling a bit..... well..... me today.

Stay Tuned....

Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

tritone wrote:

And reading through Tappistry.org is about as desirable as a case of botchulism...
Stay Tuned....

Actually, I would love to see what happened if you signed up on Tappistry!

http://andysalvanos.com/

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm
Contributor
Contributor

tritone wrote:
evilgus wrote:

EG

Christ, it sounds like you're insinuating that I'm that retard. You should know better if you've read any of my posts.

Nothing interesting here lately. Hence my absence. Although Manny did threaten me with anatomical dismemberment if I didn't stop making the regulars cry. (sup Steve.)

And reading through Tappistry.org is about as desirable as a case of botchulism. Nevertheless, I am feeling a bit..... well..... me today.

Stay Tuned....

FTFY

Skype Me™!

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:02 am
tritone wrote:
evilgus wrote:

EG

Christ, it sounds like your insinuating that I'm that retard. You should know better if you've read any of my posts.

Stay Tuned....

Nope - I'm the one that SAYS you're a retard, and that comes from reading your posts.

Later Tritard.

Randy

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next