It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 pm

Bunker Guitar on Seattle CL 

Post Bunker Guitar on Seattle CL
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/ ... 62749.html

indeed a rare offering...looks like museum quality.

Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:43 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Bunker Guitar on Seattle CL
Man that thing is something else, and while the price may seem high... it's like they say, go try and find another one.

This brings to mind an amusing story about the Mandolin Bros of Staten Island NY attending a Guitar Show in NYC back in the late 80s, maybe early 90s I forget when, they showed up with one instrument, a super rare Gibson flying vee, I want to say from the 1950s, and I want to say with a ridiciously low serial number, maybe even 0001 ?? anyhow, they got this instrument under glass, and there is a sign that [I think] said "$100,000" and in small print "go find another one"

I could be wrong on the numbers but it was an insane amount of money, but the point was that the asking price can be anything if there is only one or a handful of instruments out there.

When I checked out this post here for the Bunker guitar, and saw the price I was like whoa !! but again, the quality looks extrodinary and I like how it is stated another one won't surface for another 10 years, that's way good, but it might also be the truth.

While on this subject, I'm curious - like how the pre-CBS Fenders are considered the holy grail of Fender stock, will the Sticks which passed through Emmett's hands be more collectable than the new ones being produced ??

I see some used Sticks going for crazy money - more than I would even spend, so it does make one wonder.

But that Bunker is something else... just like those crazy instruments Felix makes which someone posted about not that long ago...

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:35 am

Post Re: Bunker Guitar on Seattle CL
Is the asking price of $6,500 really that much?

Nord keyboards are currently selling for $5k, more or less (i.e. model dependent).

A Rhodes Chroma in 1981, list price was >$5k.
What would $5k in 1981, be in 2023 dollars?

20 years ago used Rhodes Chromas were going for <1k$, for quite awhile.
Now they're back to being >$5k in 2023. Maybe $10k. Analog! Classic!
(they have a great on-line user group btw)

I wonder what a Bunker guitar will be worth in 2043?

I bought my first Stick in 1990 for $500. Used, excellent condition. Ironwood, 10 string.
A lot of money for me, at the time. An investment that I had absolutely no concept about.

I hope someone values the old Ironwood - and I hope it's being played!

Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:25 pm