It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am

edgard varese 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post edgard varese
Much to be studied here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz87TReEtbY

Thanks Android.

Also some good theory and writings in web searching, I must peruse some writings. amazing world we live in that we can find such beauty and imagination at the touch of a finger, where as back in the day, how would anyone ever know about this guy or anyone else with a passion for artistic expression.

Discovery is part of the journey.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: edgard varese
..." how would anyone ever know about this guy or anyone else with a passion for artistic expression (?)"... Simply by listening to Frank Zappa 8-).

Hey Rey, thanks for posting the Edgard Varese. I love this Stuff too and you probably know
that Frank was 'heavily' influenced by him. I have posted for your enjoyment an orchestral
arrangement of Franks "Dog Breathe Variations" :|. The second video is the same song in it's original form, from the album "Uncle Meat". Maybe I like it better, but it's certainly interesting to
to 'view' the two compositions together, for technical reasons of course. :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26X9ecyMZss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgxqVa5eQ24

jRj
*j*
.~

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thx never did much listening to Zappa. I know a few of his r-rated songs . I must buy some albums.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:23 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Frank Zappa turned me on to "The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbeque". When I heard that song I said "I hafta find out who THIS guy is".

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Ahhhh...The Yellow Shark. Splendid

Great place to start for Frank's music for larger ensembles. In addition to The Yellow Shark, the Ensemble Modern has another Frank Zappa release (Ensemble Modern Plays Frank Zappa: Greggery Peccary & Other Persuasions)...and therein lies the path to more discovery...

Since when did music become all about the words

Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:14 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

F.Z. turned me on to SO much music (along w/ Varese & Dolphy, The Don Ellis Orchestra) and pissed off the majority of my professors@ Berklee College of Music. ('78) My high school band director was hipper than those cats. And nobody noticed I had miss-spelled Edgard in my bottom quote for a LONG time...Frank helped promote, and MC'd, an evening of Varese's music on April 17, '81 at the Palladium NYC to 3000 people (mostly Frank's fans). It was fun although there were alot of FZ fans wishing they would hear "Dynmo Hum" (there is a NYPR recording of the concert I'm gonna listen to it. The tapes were found in Jersey. wnyc.org/story/musical-tribute-edgar-varese-april-17-1981. Notice the alternate spelling of "Edgar" which I have just found out is acceptical)

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

This reminds me of the music that I create on my Roli Seaboard Rise 49.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rd+rise+49

ReyStick wrote:

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 am

Varèse was relatively well-known. His piece Poème électronique was part of the Phillips pavillion designed by Le corbusier and had several million people visiting it. Pieces like Octandre, Désert and Amérique are pretty much classics of modernist classical music that are studied if you go to university in classical music. For the non-classical person though, he's definitely mostly known through Zappa. That said, as much as I love Zappa, he really wasn't that good of a composer in that sense. It's understandable that he was the butt of jokes by the likes of Boulez in the 80's.

10-string Railboard #6410

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:34 pm