It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

Mark Warr 

Post Re: Mark Warr
I just heard back from Pete via email. He is the luthier who has been building Warrs since the beginning.

He says Mark is going through some serious issues now but has given Pete the go-ahead to keep the line alive. He does not yet have any customer info, however, so if you have an order in progress, you'll want to get in touch with him. He is a great guy and gave the OK to spread the word about this.

He has not figured out what to do about strings, as he has never been involved with them. But he's going to try to figure something out since he hopes to continue making the instruments.

You can reach him at http://hguitars.com.

Fri May 12, 2017 2:05 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

So its been a year, and the Warr site is still down. Does anyone know of Marks status? Hopefully hes recovering, (maybe retired?) but I've not heard or seen anything.

Thanks.

Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Yes, I posted an update last month and then managed to hit delete while intending to edit it. Basically, there's not much news except that Pete is closer to having strings available. He is still building the instruments and offering a couple of other body styles (the old Raptor plus a new one).

He's not sure how Mark is doing but thinks he is recovering. Mark is no longer involved with the company and has handed all operations over to Pete. But Pete has no access to Mark's website, so he plans to add Warr info to hguitars.com at some point.

I don't have any touch guitars anymore, but Pete still has my contact info and emailed me with this update a few weeks ago. You can reach him through hguitars.com with any questions.

Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Honestly, I was more interested and hopeful for good news regarding Mark, more than any business interest.

Good to hear he's supposed to be on the mend, if only slowly.

Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Mark is retired in almost every way. He has stage 4 colon cancer, which is essentially in remission, whatever that means in terms of cancer.

Pete is handling the business, and from my discussions with him, he seems to have a very good, pragmatic, humble, yet enthusiastic and adventurous outlook on the future of Warr Guitars. The man is a truly skilled luthier, and communication will not likely remain a weak point for the company going forward.

Customization seems to be the route Pete wants to take, something which eludes most manufacturers of tapping instruments. It will be fun to see how it fleshes out, and I wish both Mark and him the very best.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 pm