It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Pat Martino and The Old Guitarist 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Pat Martino and The Old Guitarist
I think this is really awesome. I've seen this Picasso painting IRL and it is wonderful. I love Pat Martino's playing and Benedetto guitars are beautiful. Combine them all? Sweet.

http://benedettoguitars.com/2017/03/23/double-vision/

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:47 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Pat Martino and The Old Guitarist
Good one

Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:25 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

The knees and elbows, the Saturnine angularity. Salvador Dalí must have agreed with Picasso when he urged artists to "look for the magic". Wherever you are, some object or some set of correspondences is out of the ordinary.

Actually, I think the Martino photo portrait has more guitar magic, more to the point, and the angle.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

BSharp wrote:
The knees and elbows, the Saturnine angularity. Salvador Dalí must have agreed with Picasso when he urged artists to "look for the magic". Wherever you are, some object or some set of correspondences is out of the ordinary.

Actually, I think the Martino photo portrait has more guitar magic, more to the point, and the angle.

Magic indeed. I think you are right, Emmett. Pat's photo does have more guitar magic. The Picasso seems to be more of a statement about life and aging. It is a very powerful painting and I stood looking at it for a long time. There is deep magic in that painting that is hard to reproduce in a photo.

Knowing Pat Martino's history and his amazing medical/musical journey makes that photo of him very profound. I'm stil amazed he was able to relearn how to play at the level he does.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:31 am
Profile My Photo Gallery