Attachment:
Krappy 6.JPG
Attachment:
Krappy 4.JPG
Attachment:
Krappy 3.JPG
Attachment:
Krappy 1.JPG
i've had people inquire about my Krappy after hearing some of my songs. i know there's very little online as far as seeing and hearing what these look and sound like. So i thought maybe i should share some of the pics i have of mine. the pics on Kevin Siebold's site are not very good.

i don't think it's a bad looking instrument, and if you've heard my songs, you can decide for yourself if the sound is something you like or dislike. I do love my instrument, but i also at one point used to own a real Stick and i would like to own one again. the Stick sound is still what i would prefer if given a choice one or the other, but i know i'll keep this even after i get a Stick. the tones are very different.

these are the pictures i took the day it arrived.

it has a 5 piece neck with dual truss. the neck is Curly Maple, Jatoba, & Purpleheart. the body is Leopard Wood. the pickups are EMG Blade style passive humbucking pickups

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stick #5313 10 String Padauk (Classic Tuning)
10 String Krappy Touchstyle

Wed May 18, 2016 11:02 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: A Closer Look At A Krappy Touchstyle
That's a very pretty guitar! I'd even say beautiful!
thehitman wrote:
the neck is Curly Maple, Jatoba, & Purpleheart. the body is Leopard Wood.
Those woods sound exotic! I've never heard of most of them.

You know, Fender, Strat, Les Paul, Ibenez, or whatever: they sound and look and play differently. The Japanese say "Ju-nin Tou-iro" or "10 People, 10 colors." Different strokes.

Keep the Krappy and keep playing and rocking it out; I hope you find your way back to another Stick soon as well!

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey man, looks cool! They should maybe change the name, though eh? Hehehe

It's good you post this, it's neat to see what all else is out there!

Thu May 19, 2016 6:08 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Could you throw up some links to your playing for those of us too lazy to find them ourselves?

This looks like a poor mans Warr. Im interested in hearing if it sounds like one.

Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Godsmonkey wrote:
Could you throw up some links to your playing for those of us too lazy to find them ourselves?

This looks like a poor mans Warr. Im interested in hearing if it sounds like one.

here's all the songs i've done with it: (https://soundcloud.com/bill-thehitman/s ... -10-string)

here's one of those songs absolutely raw. this song was recorded direct with no EQ and no Compression and was bounced completely naked. so this IS the actual sound of the instrument with no alterations whatsoever.

final version of that song:

Thu May 19, 2016 7:14 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I can't listen to the SoundCloud links at work, but I'm familiar now with the sound of a Krappy (thanks to you!). Just for comparison purposes, what does a new Krappy run in price? Also, if you know, or if others can chime in, what does a Warr run? (I know there are different styles and pricepoints).

I'm not interest in buying another touch instrument other than more Sticks (Grand Wenge 12-string!), except for I'd like to have a Marcodi Harpeijji (Hi, Gnat! who plays harpeijii and Stick both!) (and a LinnStrument MIDI controller!), but I am curious as to prices and how long orders take.

Can you speak to prices and order times for Krappys?

Rosewood 10-string, #5989, M4s
Sapphire Railboard, #6763, MR
Wenge-on-Wenge NS/Stick, #170130, Bass 4ths
http://soundcloud.com/stephen-sink-1
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-RDlN ... Ez0hN49_Qg

Thu May 19, 2016 7:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

paigan0 wrote:
I can't listen to the SoundCloud links at work, but I'm familiar now with the sound of a Krappy (thanks to you!). Just for comparison purposes, what does a new Krappy run in price? Also, if you know, or if others can chime in, what does a Warr run? (I know there are different styles and pricepoints).

I'm not interest in buying another touch instrument other than more Sticks (Grand Wenge 12-string!), except for I'd like to have a Marcodi Harpeijji (Hi, Gnat! who plays harpeijii and Stick both!) (and a LinnStrument MIDI controller!), but I am curious as to prices and how long orders take.

Can you speak to prices and order times for Krappys?

i paid @$790. $750 for the instrument and $40 for shipping. i believe it was @3 weeks

as for speaking for prices and order times, i could only guess that my experience was typical. you would have to email Kevin Siebold directly for more accurate info

Thu May 19, 2016 7:44 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Listening to the dry track you posted. I actually like the sound. It's not Warr, its not Stick it not Megatar. But I like it.

For $750, it makes for a nice, cheap alternative/back-up tapper.

that said, from looking at the images, its hard to imagine it playing as well, or specifically as lightly as a Stick does. Stick set-up is unparalleled.

Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Godsmonkey wrote:
Listening to the dry track you posted. I actually like the sound. It's not Warr, its not Stick it not Megatar. But I like it.

For $750, it makes for a nice, cheap alternative/back-up tapper.

that said, from looking at the images, its hard to imagine it playing as well, or specifically as lightly as a Stick does. Stick set-up is unparalleled.

i agree 100% with everything you just wrote

Thu May 19, 2016 8:27 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Godsmonkey wrote:

If you watch Markus Reuter play the U-8 Touch Guitar and know his history with Warr and Stick, you may change your mind. Everybody is slightly different in body and mind, which can lead to different preferred tools of the trade.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 am