It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 am

My first recorded track with Stick on it... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post My first recorded track with Stick on it...
Okay, there is a lot... I do mean a LOT of guitar on this... But, there is a lot of stick in there too. I even made a devoted stick section where I tried to do a dedicated stick solo (ughh it kinda blows... But I'm proud of it anyways) So yeah, 6 str guitar, keys, stick, 9 str guitar, loud and angry drums. It's the sort of thing you listen to while doing the dishes, but then you realize there's an apocalypse happening. There's some spots where you could sing along...?

*Warning, there is a disgusting amount of low notes horribly abused in this track...
**Warning, there are high notes flying around like Ninja Shuriken, don't get cut...
***Warning, this is a theme song to a deranged puppet show I'm hoping to make millions on...
****This track will help you get your housework done in a timely manner, just be aware of your ever changing environment

Okay, big apologies to Emmett. Probably not how he envisioned the Stick being used...

(Slight modification/remix on the original... Enjoy!)

Last edited by Jayesskerr on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: My first recorded track with Stick on it...
I like this! :)

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:40 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Not so much darkness and enough light to see the gate. Really spits fire to galaxy like no-
bodies business :twisted:...

I would like an albums worth of that stuff (just for house work) and signed.

If you want to make some money, see if you
can open for for Steve Vai (though he would probably not want to be upstaged ;) ).

I think that Emmett would love the Stick in an ensemble like this 8-).

Really great work Jeff!

jRj

http://jrjwhatifthepaintingshadsongs.tumblr.com/

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:32 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Dude that was nuts! GP rocks, yes! Stick sounds good in there with those swirling guitars........dang man, thats some great playing.!

cheers,
kev
ps....do you like John 5? (not sure what his real name is)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Guys; Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and comment! Much appreciated

I really have no business recording with the Stick yet, my ability to play it is nowhere near where my imagination wants to go! Still, it was very fun to just 'go for it' and let it be what it might have become. I just felt like I HAD to record some Stick, even if it was primitive. More to come, guys. More to come.

Stick #500. It is a little nuclear warhead, I love it. I am so addicted. (Thanks so much JRJ!)

-S (orJ)

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I LOVE John5's playing! (John Lowery) The guy is a monster guitarist. His writing and playing with KD Lang is often overlooked, as is his work with David Lee Roth... Yes, I am a big fan of his solo stuff. hahaha

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

He does these banjo rolls that just kill.......seems like a real cool cat too, low level ego...

anyways I urge all who read this thread go to Scotts website and check out flight of the bumble bee.........

Great F#%^*ing playing dude.........

cheers,
kev

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Awesome! Great picking!

Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Thanks TheWeg! Actually, thanks to anyone who took a listen.

You know, I've only been playing the Stick for a couple of weeks, (umm maybe about 3 at the time of this writing, I got it Aug 13) and it is an interesting and addictive instrument. I wanted to record the stick, literally ANYTHING so that I could document my playing and have something I could look back on and say "ooo, that was the first month... ouch!"

Stick is different than guitar. And bass. Severely. But the three play very nicely together, I love recording the Stick, even though my playing is primitive. Umm, heavy handed shall we say? No worries, I'll get there.

I plugged in direct to my Apogee Quartet and then hit it with some amp plugins in Logic ProX. I won't be doing that again, I hated the direct in tone almost as much as I hate it on guitar.

Currently, I plug in to a Roland Jazz Chorus JC120, with a Superbadass Distortion and an Ibanez Soundtank delay on the Melody side, and a Lil Big Muff Pi and a TC Electronics "Ditto" on the Melody side.

My next posting will utilize that setup, sounds good, lots of separation with control, and loud as required...

So again, thanks for listening to (And commenting on) the shredfest that was 'Omegulus', guys - I know the Stick aspect was very weak, but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:57 am