It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am

Acoustic Sketch 3: Cornflower Ring 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Acoustic Sketch 3: Cornflower Ring
Hey all. Another day bring us another Acoustic Sketch.

This one came very naturally to me. Most of this was improvised on the spot.

The name "Cornflower Ring" is something special to me...this past week while vacationing in Canada, I gave a promise ring to my girlfriend, asking to stay loyal to me until I can put aside money for a place together and, eventually, a real engagement ring. Of course she said yes.

The ring I gave her had a piece of Cornflower sea glass from Canada as the jewel. Fitting that most of her family is from there and she spends her summers (or at least part of them) up there.

I wanted the piece to have kind of a large and enveloping sound to it. I felt as though adding the echo seemed fitting. The piece starts off happily enough, with intimate whispers of something more developing in the distance...a sign of things in the future? Two separate lines (or people) coming together and working in harmony? (some counterpoint? two part harmony?)

Or could it have deeper meaning to it...as we develop our relationships with something/someone that we love and cherish over and over again the more we become intertwined in it. Circling back around into, well, a ring.

You decide
~Evan

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:13 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Acoustic Sketch 3: Cornflower Ring
Hi Ev.!

The beauty of the Sunflower is that the seed is in the flower... Coming back to your metaphor of things returning to their essence.

I love the chords in this one, really nice changes without going all over the shop.

Cheers

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery