It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 am

Need your help for a contest everyone! 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Need your help for a contest everyone!
Hey everybody,

Although the music in this contest is non-Stick, I hope this is still the place for it. Mods, please feel free to move to the appropriate category.

I normally don't do this, but I could use your assistance. As many of you know, I play piano/keyboards, and I'm really interested in music production/composition. Steven Wilson (lead singer of Porcupine Tree/Blackfield/a bunch of other stuff, and one of my musical heroes) recently came out with a sound library for EastWest Sounds. The good folks there are sponsoring a contest that I just entered, and I need your help. Please go to the facebook link below, click on the "vote" tab and vote for my demo track "Beginnings". Right now it's on the 3rd page (if sorted by votes) or one of the newest tracks if you go by most recent. There's some pretty cool prizes that I'd love to have, and I even have the possibilty to get VIP passes to a Steven Wilson show if I get far enough.

I'm not asking you to blindly vote for my track. There's some other great entries up there as well, so please vote your conscience. Even if you don't vote for me, please at least listen to my track though. I'm very new to this [writing, composition and recording], so any pointers/criticisms/comments are always welcome. But what I'm really trying to say is you should vote for me. So yeah...vote. Also, I won't fault you if you also share the link to your friends as well.

https://apps.facebook.com/whcontests/ghostwriter

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:30 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Need your help for a contest everyone!
Voted.

Nice ambient track, keeping writing.... there are some nice balances there and a beautiful tone on the lead melody sound.

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Need your help for a contest everyone!
Thanks for the kind words Stickrad!

I definitely will. Steven Wilson's library is chock full of awesome stuff. I actually used an ipad and Geosynth for midi control and I was really happy how it came out. The first lead sound is an ebow sample, and the second is a guitar being played with a bow.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 pm