It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:54 am

Stick meditation part I 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Stick meditation part I
Thank you soo much for all the great comments :-) It means a lot to me !!

Dave: it started with just 2 chords, added 2 more a day before I recorded it, spent some time goofing around with it and then recorded it. The variations in the timing and fingering were pretty much the results from improvising with it.
The chords are pretty simple :
1st chord
left hand : D drone with added 9th (or 2nd if you like), right hand regular D major triad
2nd chord
left hand : A with same shape as the D, right hand regular C major triad
(alternate the 1st and 2nd chord a few times)

3rd chord
left hand hand G, same shape as the A and D, right hand regular G major triad
4th chord
left hand F, same shape again, right hand (if i'm not mistaken) C-major in second inversion
(alternate the 3rd and 4th chords a couple of times)

Then, to get back to the first chord, left hand A shape as mentioned earlier while keeping the second inversion Cmajor in the right hand.

Thank you (again) for the compliments on the tone :-)
I'm playing a bamboo 12-string classic tuning with a pasv4. For this piece, i put it in mono with the switch on the block, second position for the bass selector, first for the melody side selector (so both sides only used one pickup). Signal went into a Zoom B3 (love that thing !!), using the Ensemble effect (choruslike effect), a stereo delay and a reverb. I added a layer of ambient synth (you heard that just right Luc!) using a GR-55 (stick has the GK-3 on it), so this was a single shot recording. I recorded the B3 sound and the GR55 to separate tracks and only did volume settings before bouncing, totally no effects used in Logic (unless you consider normalizing during bouncing to be an effect).
Luc : genoegelijk is a genuine Dutch word, although it is mostly used only by posh people (who point the pinky upwards when drinking tea hahaha)

Cheers,
Bas.

Wed May 21, 2014 11:45 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Very nice, BasV. I must give the mono switch a try after hearing this!

Rosewood Alto #5764

Wed May 21, 2014 12:14 pm
Contributor
Contributor

That is beautiful!

Sun May 25, 2014 11:08 am