It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am

"Gratitude" a new Greg Howard tune 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: "Gratitude" a new Greg Howard tune
Thank you Greg, for sharing with us this lovely piece. I especially liked the tempo and dynamic easing or "pause" in the delivery. well done.

b.t.w.
I have ordered a bamboo Grand Stick with Stickup, black pearl linear markers and black tuners.

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

VT1997 wrote:
I have not posted in some years, but....

Very nice, as always, Greg! I would love to see another full length album release from the songs (and improvisations) you have shared in recent years. :D

Chris
Thanks, Chris, for the kind comments

I've been giving my music away for quite some time (not very smart, I know), but I do think about another release quite often. One idea that's been percolating with me is a duo album with drums. I have several officially unreleased blues and jazz waltz based tunes, and have covered several as well (Goodbye Porkpie Hat, All Blues, Norwegian Wood, etc)

Originals that fit this mold include "Gratitude", "Blues for The Status Quo", "Black Dog Strut", "Boo's Blues", and "Sphere" (a TS Monk, inspired waltz). What doesn't fit the form is "Finding Home", still I could include it. After I finish my current book project, I will probably start working on this, gotta pick the right drummer!

(strategically placed reposting of video link..)

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday, feeling lots of gratitude this week, for all my communities,
especially the worldwide Stick community, and my cadre of dedicated students. Your progress and enthusiasm makes all the time so worth it.

Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:37 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

greg wrote:
Originals that fit this mold include "Gratitude", "Blues for The Status Quo", "Black Dog Strut", "Boo's Blues", and "Sphere" (a TS Monk, inspired waltz). What doesn't fit the form is "Finding Home", still I could include it. After I finish my current book project, I will probably start working on this, gotta pick the right drummer!

Missed that post. Hope your project is still relevant. I would love if this project is coming to life soon, especially if a drummer is involved (Brian Caputo and Garrett Moore are my fave drummer you played with, albeit with some drastic different drumming approaches to my ears).

"Finding home" and "Elegy for Emmett" have to be in, "Finding Home" being one of the most beautiful theme you wrote IMHO, with that very US "Metheny vibe" (not in a bad way, to my ears).
BTW, I was browsing your videos on your YT channel, and re-discover again a beautiful improv called Rain Dodgers. Could it be re-arranged and developed to be a written tune? ;)

Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

So well played and your feeling is great...congratulations.

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:03 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

grozoeil wrote:
"Finding home" and "Elegy for Emmett" have to be in

+1 to that if a new album is still something you're thinking of doing Greg. :D

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:32 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

grozoeil wrote:
greg wrote:

Missed that post. Hope your project is still relevant. I would love if this project is coming to life soon, especially if a drummer is involved (Brian Caputo and Garrett Moore are my fave drummer you played with, albeit with some drastic different drumming approaches to my ears).

"Finding home" and "Elegy for Emmett" have to be in, "Finding Home" being one of the most beautiful theme you wrote IMHO, with that very US "Metheny vibe" (not in a bad way, to my ears).
BTW, I was browsing your videos on your YT channel, and re-discover again a beautiful improv called Rain Dodgers. Could it be re-arranged and developed to be a written tune? ;)

I am writing one more tune for this, then I start recording. It will probably be solo Stick. But maybe a few tracks with drums... We shall see. And yes, "Finding Home" and "Elegy for Emmett" are both on the song list, per David's's question.

Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:24 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Will there be a physical format release, or just bandcamp? (yes I'm a vintage guy, but if there's only Bandcamp available, I will definitely break my own rule) ;)

Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Intricate, without feeling complicated. Beautiful.

Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:34 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

This one is a real beauty,Greg! And what lovely tone! Thanks!

Robert

Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:01 am