It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Stick Tune - Rhiannon 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Stick Tune - Rhiannon
A bit rough, and kind of tricky in spots. Very fun tune, though! I put this together pretty quickly, but I hope y'all get a kick out of it anyways! Scott's Saturday Musical Reign of Terror continues...

https://soundcloud.com/jayesskerr/stick-rhiannon

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:36 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Stick Tune - Rhiannon
"Reign of terror " continues indeed.
By the way , you're about to become the No.2 all time poster on the forum, rapidly catching Gene.
& this track reminded me about Stevie Nicks which always improves a day offshore :D

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Impressive body of work Scott. I don't know how you can manage to knock out 3-4 tunes a day when it takes me several months to get a song 95% correct! I've been at it 2 and 1/2 years and I have about 20 songs I can play, albeit with a good amount of mistakes; , and you manage to do 20 songs a week! :lol:
Good on ya!!

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

RandO wrote:
Impressive body of work Scott. I don't know how you can manage to knock out 3-4 tunes a day when it takes me several months to get a song 95% correct! I've been at it 2 and 1/2 years and I have about 20 songs I can play, albeit with a good amount of mistakes; , and you manage to do 20 songs a week! :lol:
Good on ya!!

Hey man, thanks for checking it out! Tunes are fun!

(And hey, it's cool that we've been playing Stick pretty much the same amount of time, eh?)

Last edited by Jayesskerr on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

You've got the pitch bending and vibratos, also the arpeggiated chords in the LH, and you can arrange any song you want. Congratulations from someone who went thru it a long time ago.

Now how about that false fingering for the legato feel and the "play" on RH repeated notes and 4th intervals all at the same fret?

There's also another LH bass/chord arpeggio technique that could help complete the picture. That's alternating major and minor 3rds across three frets upward in pitch from the root, using 1st and 4th fingers - an easy motor reflex (not so easy when combined with a thoughtful RH lead line or theme).

This technique puts your 1st finger at the root but you can also position your pinky at the root and easily arpeggiate the harmony in alternating 4ths and major 2nds. Your 1st finger is then positioned two frets "behind" the root (toward the nut).

You're the first person to criticize yourself musically, and often colorfully (and mercilessly), so I just thot I'd jump in.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:33 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BSharp wrote:
You've got the pitch bending and vibratos, also the arpeggiated chords in the LH, and you can arrange any song you want. Congratulations from someone who went thru it a long time ago.

Now how about that false fingering for the legato feel and the "play" on RH repeated notes and 4th intervals all at the same fret?

There's also another LH bass/chord arpeggio technique that could help complete the picture. That's alternating major and minor 3rds across three frets upward in pitch from the root, using 1st and 4th fingers - an easy motor reflex (not so easy when combined with a thoughtful RH lead line or theme).

This technique puts your 1st finger at the root but you can also position your pinky at the root and easily arpeggiate the harmony in alternating 4ths and major 2nds. Your 1st finger is then positioned two frets "behind" the root (toward the nut).

You're the first person to criticize yourself musically, and often colorfully (and mercilessly), so I just thot I'd jump in.

Really good points, Emmett! Great ideas And a post/reply with these critiques are exactly what I am looking for with these musical posts. Thanks, man. I'm getting there...

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:14 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I applaud this song choice, a great selection and fine performance. Good job!

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery