It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

A little help from y'all on a tune I'm working on... 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: A little help from y'all on a tune I'm working on...
:D Not that anyone really cares, but I kind of re-worked the accompaniment to this tune... Mostly it was a direct assault on the accompaniment as I'm getting a bit better at that... It actually has a pretty profound effect on the tune... I'm not too sure if it's something I'll pursue any further, hahaha I might just steal/borrow from it a bit in the future if I'm strapped for ideas... lol Let's call it done!

Now normally I practice first and record after, but today I recorded first and now I'm gonna practice. I think my 'chi' is all fxxed up now... On the recording side of things I EQ'd both tracks separately, and compressed each one as well, and then I EQ'd the master track, and then added a cool reverb (Space Designer rules!) and Ozoned it...

Enjoy, folks!

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:03 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Sounds great, Scott. I really like how it is coming along. And the reverb sounds nice. I am not sure why that stood out to me. I am not satisfied with any of the reverbs I have. But you know...pizza, reverb and sex. Any at all is better than none.

Mike

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

mike kemp wrote:
Sounds great, Scott. I really like how it is coming along. And the reverb sounds nice. I am not sure why that stood out to me. I am not satisfied with any of the reverbs I have. But you know...pizza, reverb and sex. Any at all is better than none.

Mike

hehe Yeah, this one I may have to come back to after a few more months of practice... :D All good, I post 'em 'cause they're funny! (Space designer in Logic, but the trick about good sound reverb I think is to not care at all about the brand name, and just dial it in...)

Thanks for checking it out, man! :D

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 pm