It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

Part 6 - Singapore Stick. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Part 6 - Singapore Stick.
Hi again, from the hot & steamy Far East ( weather ).
Humidity has dropped to about 378.98 % and its a balmy 33 degrees C.
New venue last night, biweekly Jam night at a venue in Clarke Quay. very popular central pub/restaurant precinct right on the river in town. Don't often go there as its a sub branch of " The Worlds Most Expensive Beer Department" Always packed with people though most nights. Pic attached. Arrived having lost 34 Kg in perspiration so I would have given the $16 and my left leg for the beer quite happily.
Host was a young local guy just out of compulsory National Service they have here , and fanatical bassist & odd meter freak. Loves Liquid Tension Experiment and that kind of stuff, pretty cool player. Went to NAMM and ordered his custom 5 string from Marco Cortes of Marco Bass Guitars. Nice looking Instrument. Sat round for quite a while , stick always flat once it arrives in these conditions so I open up the case and give it plenty of time for acclimatisation and tuning up.
So it went like this , my host and his prog rock mates invite me up . We stick ( no pun intended) with the 2, 5, 1 for the Jam . On stage , Nord Keys, Congas, Bass , Drums , 2 guitars. Crowded stage.. Thats was all fun. I moved to usual solo things but kept the drummer and keys, the percussionist chiming in on one.
All in all another great night in my alternative universe. Sat about with the guys , drank a bit , talked sticks, and stuff ,then realised I had to start work in 6 hours,( arghhhhhhhh..) Taxi to dock, end of day.
One more gig & probably the last tonight, and thats the best trip I've had at sea , since we didnt actually go anywhere! :lol: Invited to play with band at a venue I've been at before tonight.

As I remarked to Guru Steve, I've had little time for practice , but I couldn't put a price on this experience and the value of it. Soon time to get home , practice like Josh & wind it up another level. Out ( for now )

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:37 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Part 6 - Singapore Stick.
Bravo! Fantastic stories of our roving Stickist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

=//====> #1817 10-string padauk/paua ACTV2 EMG flaps+rails
Deep Baritone Melody inner 10 strings of Matched Reciprocal 12
Stand-up Stick Stand (SUSS) - easy DIY project

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Playing live, especially jamming with strangers is a great education. Self reflection on strong vs weak points in your music. Very important in any musicians growth. Also very gratifying when it works. The ship keeps moving forward. Cheers Captain

Steve A

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Cool pics! (damn, I wanted to see the bass...) I'm goin' on a roadtrip to see the solar eclipse, I better bring my Stick! No tellin' where I might find occasion to play!

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:34 am
Profile My Photo Gallery