It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

Giant Steps - Stick Version 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Re: Giant Steps - Stick Version
Scott Im glad you post these.. You work very hard on getting better.....and you are getting better. How many people can learn a tune in a day and post it. Most people wouldnt even try. I have a huge amount of respect for you for posting everything you post and I find great value in it. It makes me say "hey I want to go try that now and see what I can come up with" At least you are out there trying and thats whats most important. Keep up the awesome work.

Rob

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:49 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Giant Steps - Stick Version
jacubert wrote:
I applaud both the idea and execution. This reminds me of a heated thread on Facebook about cover songs. One camp thought covers needed to be carbon copies. Another thought one should make a cover your own. I think it depends on the context. If you are in a cover band and the audience expects a carbon copy then deliver a copy. Otherwise, explore and learn. I think you are clearly in the second context here and I enjoyed what you did with the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All part of the learning process In my opinion. Maybe I should possibly not share stuff until it's polished/refined/perfected, but I would much rather assimilate as much of the music as I can so that I can use it in my own music. If it means doing a somewhat poor job of it in the early stages of my development, then so be it. Yep, Definitely in the second category, Jeremy. 'carbon copying" will come a bit later... Thanks for listening!

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
Scott Im glad you post these.. You work very hard on getting better.....and you are getting better. How many people can learn a tune in a day and post it. Most people wouldnt even try. I have a huge amount of respect for you for posting everything you post and I find great value in it. It makes me say "hey I want to go try that now and see what I can come up with" At least you are out there trying and thats whats most important. Keep up the awesome work.

Rob

Hey! Thanks, man! Although I didn't really learn it; I just read it down. I still learned from it, though!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:04 pm