It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Pelican's Yard 

Post Re: Pelican's Yard
Very, very nice. Thanks for posting this.

Mon May 29, 2017 4:45 am

Hey,

Thanks K Rex for posting this and to Emmett for telling me. I am really humbled by the comments! I love the Stick community and have admittedly only lurked around a few forums but need to get more involved for sure. I am always a little shy about posting stuff up myself as there are some killer players out there, but always remember how fantastic and truly unique the Stick community is! Always great to get some feedback.

I also must admit that I have never had to play around with the setup of my Stick since I bought it over 8 years ago! That's testament to how fantastic these instruments are I guess. I did also switch to light gauge - good spot! :D

The Freeze pedal plays a nice part in arrangements like these as it allows for a very natural piano sustain effect which can be pretty useful. Do any of you guys do this? It's a weird way to do it I guess but it works for me!

I need to update my website as it's old and tired and needs some of my gigs on it! I would love to meet with some fellow stick players sometime too! I am based in Brighton, England.

X

Mon May 29, 2017 6:42 am

That was fantastic. Maybe I wasn't aware of which pedal press was the freeze pedal but nothing jumped out at me as "someone is using a freeze pedal" at a specific time. It just sounded like it was arranged and performed perfectly.

Tue May 30, 2017 1:11 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Here’s another example of George Baldwin’s amazing talent on The Stick, performing his arrangement of Vultpeck’s ‘Back Pocket’.

For reference:

Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:20 am