It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:40 am

Coup Detroit - Beware 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Coup Detroit - Beware
Another from the 2007 CD release.

This tune was always a blast to play. The tune is in 9/8 and virtually all of it was a variation on a two handed bassline. The only time there's any melody Stick at all is during the quiet middle portion.

Later on we used to extend the middle portion when we played it live and I used to dance the two handed bass riffs all over the full range of the bass side of the Stick while Dan soloed.

One thing I love about this tune was that it was one of those tunes whose Stick part sounded way harder then it was. It was a two handed pattern based riff so once you get it programmed in your head, you can usually just race the hell out of it. Guitar and bass players that have never played this way though would just sit there with their jaw on the floor at how amazing the part was when, in reality, it was one of the easier tunes for me to play.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:58 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Coup Detroit - Beware
I said it before Glenn, I absolutley love this band...put it back together and go on world tour. I'm gonna hafta get this CD next month when my check comes in. I would brave a club crowd to see this band live and dance like a crazy person (in 9/8) and throw my bad back out and enjoy every second of it. And the bass-line and tone of the Stick on the recording is the reason I bought my first Stick in the first place. Everyone in the band is great. I love the singer. And the guitarist. And the drummer. (Oh, the guy on the weird thing that looks like a 2by4 is pretty good too. How does he do that?)

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Punk-funk-with Metal elements,kind of like Blondie on steroids.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Pretty cool! As always, well done dude! This was a lot of fun to listen to, thanks for sharing!

Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:43 pm