It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

SY-300 and the stick 

Post SY-300 and the stick
Hello,
I thought people might be interested to hear the SY-300 and the stick.

I know my timing is shaky but this is the first stick Idea I have and I have zero hand independance. The melody side is a bit low in the mix but I think the SY300 sounds nice.

Larry

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:06 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: SY-300 and the stick
Thanks for sharing. A friend here in Marseille quite new to the Stick bought one, and it sounds amazing. Possibilities are endless, and you may spend a lot of time tweaking and finding new sounds. It's not for me though (I'm more into instant gratification devices), but it's worth every penny.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Thanks for sharing Larry. Sounds a lot better than me! Definitely interested in the SY-300, but trying to learn the basics first.

Wumeijiu Railboard #6783
Raised Matched Reciprocal

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:44 am

Post Re: SY-300 and the s
Hello,
I think proficiency of an instrument and song writing are two different skills. I feel you should be working the song writing muscle no matter where you are on the learning curve. I have so much to learn on the stick. I am absolutely floored by the skills of some of the folks on this board. I don't know how long it's going to take me.

I am looking forward to getting my railboard, this ditty was played on a 12 string, I hope the additional string spacing helps. I keep accidentally brushing up against adjacent strings and muting a ringing string. The stick is an amazing instrument, I hope I can do it justice one day.

Larry

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Emmett has replaced the ART rack effect that he was hauling around with one of these. I expect great things from a pedal like this; effects, synth sounds, polyphony, seems pretty sweet.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery