It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 am

Sound Design 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Sound Design
I probably wouldn't have purchased it either for financial reasons although it is an incredible value. I needed it for my composing arsenal at the studio I work for. The license agreement is such that the product HAS TO be registered under the end user. That's me. If you have multiple users on different accounts on the same Mac then, technically, you would need multiple purchased applications. This loophole afforded me the option of installing Omnisphere, Trillian and RMX in my home setup. OMG! The power is ridiculous. I currently have too many toys and don't have enough time to explore any one of them fully. I know, poor me right? RMX has been upgraded recently with the Time Designer. This allows you to change the complexity of any Rex file, change the feel, quantization, swing % and even allows you to impose the "feel" of any other Rex loop to the currently loaded Rex loop. This allows you to take a Samba groove and sinc an urban drum machine grv and a percussion loop to it This expands the library infinitely since all of your Rex loops now can work together in any combination. I highly recommend all of the tutorial vids on the Spectrasonics site. Even if you don't own the software you can see the cool features and demos.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:56 am