It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Virginia Splendore 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Virginia Splendore
This is a shock. It was a pleasure to meet her at the 2004 Charlottesville seminar (which was an inspirational event for me) and we had a nice correspondence last year when my album came out. Sorry she had to deal with the kind of pain that led up to this point (if indeed she took her own life) and I hope she is at peace now.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Mon May 09, 2011 6:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Sad news. She was a beautiful person and a wonderful musician. I only met her once, but her beautiful playing really moved me.

A great loss
Brett

Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Great lost, I;ve never met her personally. But she is the one that made me a stickist. She helped me to buy my Stick from her friend in Italy. I'm shocked... :(

Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm incredibly shocked and saddened by this terrible news. May she rest in the peace she so gracefully deserves :cry:

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Why?

This is a tragedy!

10 String BM Tarara Stick #5334
Bergen Norway

Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Virginia Splendore
I still find it soo hard to believe. I never met her, and was so looking forward to meeting her end of this month...may she rest in peace.

Mon May 09, 2011 11:50 am
Contributor
Contributor

Translated from Italian:

Quote:
Rieti - The body of a woman of 46 years, Virginia Splendore, was found yesterday morning, around 11, Vignanello Casaprota (Rieti), in a car parked in the square opposite the home of the victim, a cottage in the woods. To find the body in the car that still had the engine running and notify the police of Rieti, a neighbor and a RAI journalist.

The woman, a musician specializing in the Stick musical instrument, was originally from Naples, and after spending twenty years in Milan had come to live in Sabina in search of artistic inspiration.

According to preliminary reports made by the police and the coroner of Rieti, the woman may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning because the car's exhaust pipe was connected with a pipe pouring fumes into 'the interior of the 'car.

The woman also had left a letter in which he expressed the desire to commit suicide, perhaps because of a sentimental disappointment. The hypothesis is not the only one followed by the investigators as the woman beside him that he had some antidepressant drugs, was found with a wound by cutting the throat of which still do not know the source (USA Today).

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

This sucks...I loved what she brought to the Stick community :(

Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm
Contributor
Contributor

giedosst wrote:
Why?

This is a tragedy!

The word I got is that Virna suffered from severe depression - something I never would have suspected after having spoken to her on several occasions.

SB8 Stick Bass #5509, Standard 4th Tuning, Rosewood w/Linear Inlaid Frets

Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

She was truly lovely. A beautiful, sensitive and gentle person. I'm so sad for her pain. I feel guilty for not being able to follow up on our wonderful communication in June. We did a beautiful Skype interview for my documentary. She said she was reawakened to music by it. She had a person there shooting her at her remote home in the mountains of Casaprota while I asked all kinds of questions. I feel so bad I didn't have time to send her an edit. I was really looking forward to it. She had just gone through serious bouts of depression.

She was so inspired, she told me she really wanted to come to L.A. to help me finish the documentary. I have so much regret. I wish so much that it would have happened that way.

I will post her lovely interview as soon as I am able.

Much love for you Virna.

www.chapdoc.com
www.chapman-design.com

Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next