It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm

Led Zeppelin 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Led Zeppelin
I recently re-got the Song Remains the Same with a quality I had never seen before, and let me say, I was blown away again just as when I was 15. I'm not going to get controversial, and start labeling things with no reason, but when I hear and see them play TSRTS, and Rain Song, and No Quarter, etc... it may not be "prog", but it always blows me away. Its amazing how far a small blues band could go into musical experimentation and different sounds and genres... And nobody has made it look as good as them either.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:22 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Led Zeppelin
They are timeless. Heavy, gentle and everything inbetween. When I listen to their music I get the shivers(the good kind). Wonderful arrangements, musicianship......I could go on and on and on. Going to California to me is a masterpiece, but in my opinion, so many of their songs fall into that category.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:14 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I'm a big PROG fan but before that i was a big Led ZEP fan. I actually SAW them when i was 14 YO at the Boston Garden for the "Stairway to Heaven" tour ... about a year or two BEFORE this tour and video was recorded. As a matter of fact I saw them play Stairway to Heaven around a month before the album was released in New England. I consider myself very lucky to have seen them live. For me it was a landmark moment!

LZ was in many ways progressive. They mixed blues, rock, and folk music and added some mystic elements and in doing so created a new way for people to experience music. They WERE progressive in the truest sense.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I would have given up going to 20 or so other concerts , just to see them once. The closest I came to seeing them was when the "In through the out door" tour was announced. My friend and I were going to camp out overnight to get tickets. ( Remember when you could do that and actually get a fairly decent seat for your trouble??? Then the scalpers came and took fairness out of the game.)But before tickets had even gone on sale, John Bonham died, and like all ZEP fans we were left sad, stunned and dissapointed. Thankfully the music lives on.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:25 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Yes, the closest I got to seeing them was the Page/Plant tour of 09... Not Zep, but exciting just to see the man himself in front of me...
Also saw Yes and Crimson around the same time....
And yes, Going to California, That's the way, friends. III, IV and HOTH were the greatest time for me. Prog, folk, everything. And never did being different, prog or "out" get in the way of the music...
The Rain song is perhaps one of my favorite guitar pieces out there...
Thanks guys!

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:22 am