It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Just saw a child prodigy yesterday. 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Just saw a child prodigy yesterday.
Yesterday I went to drop off some non-musical information Steve Osburn he had asked me for, at his store where I take Stick lessons from. I thought he was giving lessons next door and would catch him in between, but the girl at the counter said it was a "Kids Open Stage" performance and I could go in. So I did, and got to see something really amazing. The kid playing the piano volunteered to play a few more solos, and was absolutely fantastic. I don't think he was more than 8 years old and was sight reading several classical tunes. Steve told me next week he was performing with a symphony.

But what really blew me away, was his last couple of tunes were ones he composed. He reached into his book bag and pulled out PRINTED scores.
I asked his mom if he actually wrote those out on paper, she replied yes, he uses Finale software to write his music with. Appears he had a small book of compositions, not just a couple pages.

I've seen kids in the past who can play a musical instrument unusually well, but this was the first one I've seen firsthand write his own compositions at such an early age. Those didn't appear to be easy tunes either. He wasn't one of Steve's students, I believe he was just getting his performance chops down in preparation for next week.

Graphite Grand Stick MR
NS Stick Wenge body Wenge neck
Bamboo Grand Stickup

Sun May 03, 2009 4:37 am