It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

Cuban Jazz Inspirations 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Cuban Jazz Inspirations
Not really a Jazz Guy but we wound up at a very cool Jazz Club in Melbourne last night with tickets to watch the Sincopa Cuban Jazz Quintet.

I was to be honest a little blown away by the musicianship of all five, the cuban conga player was clearly an alien , since I've never seen a human percussionist like this!
Couldnt pick a favourite, the pianist , upright bass, front man on sax & flute and drummer, all packing astounding musicianship. It was really inspiring to see them taking solos, working together and just exemplifying the high art of music at a level I rarely see. All have worked worldwide with CV's as long as your arm.

We sat round the table eating & drinking thinking why dont we always do this ? Looks like we have a new place to hang out. Paid tickets upstairs, bar in the mid level and the cool jazz kids form the arts colleges are downstairs jamming till all hours. nice vibe nice place. Out. :D

Fri May 26, 2017 6:48 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Cuban Jazz Inspirations
Cool. My gig tonight was a duo with Cuban percussionist Nydia Mata. We will explore this a bit. Excellent

Steve A

Fri May 26, 2017 8:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery