It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 am

My railboard is ordered 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post My railboard is ordered
I had to let everyone know. :D Im so excited that I got confirmation that its ordered. Now for the long long wait. I know it will be worth it. Id love to see a poll asking how long your wait was before you got your stick? Anyone know how many stick players are in Canada? thanks Kevin C for letting me try out your grand out.

Take care all.

Maple SG12 #6914 Classic Tuning
Website robgellner.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuob7 ... bmRsfgswJQ

Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:25 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: My railboard is ordered
Thats good News! What are they saying is the wait time. I ordered a Grand in Maple last week, said 2 to 4 months but seemed to suggest it may be earlier.
My Alto two years back took about 8 weeks which was good. What color did you go for , I really like the idea of a plum railboard.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:40 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

My guess is less than 50 players in Canada. Of those 50, maybe 25-30 are active...tops. That may be pushing it. Theres prolly more than a few Sticks languishing in basements and closets up here too. Shame...
Enjoyed your company and conversation Rob, next time you visit we'll whip out the graphite for some sploinky sounding tidings!

Give us the juicy details regarding the Railboard, my new southern Ontario Stick pal.... :ugeek:

Congrats dude, ( I tried hard to cast the Stick spell on you, but I think you were sold before you got here).

cheers,
kev

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:47 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I was quoted three to seven months when my order was confirmed, and it turned out to be eight months to the day.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:20 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I ordered the Plum Railboard. 2-6 month waiting time.
I'm using #404 Vintage Stick each day, while I wait. 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:32 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Let me know when yours comes in piratebruce. Cambria said 3 to 6 months give or take. I think she said the railboards were going in to the machining part i think before the end of July and then to annodizing. My tuners I wanted she said were out of stock so I gave her a second choice.

The juciy details . I went with a Black Railboard. Im getting aqua epoxy filled linears. I might have heard wrong but I think they glow in the dark. I orgianlly wanted black and gold tuners but I may end up going with black and chrome tuners. If when it comes back from production they are out of black and gold Ill go with the black and chrome ones. I dont really care about the tuners so much. I wont be able to see them anyway.

I got a GK3 midi pick up as I want to use some sounds from my keyboard and computer at some point after I learn how to play this stick.

Kevin Im looking forward to trying out your graphite stick and hanging out and making more cat scratchy noises. Kevin your playing almost made me cry. ( not in a bad way lol) . You sounded great and very inspiring. It was so cool to hear the stick live. Hearing the sticks on you tube just dont do any justice to how nice they sound. Unless you are listening to Kevin Keith or Greg Howard where they go all out on a good finished product and of course are amazing as are most people on here.

Website robgellner.com

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:35 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I went with a Black Railboard. Im getting aqua epoxy filled linears. I might have heard wrong but I think they glow in the dark. I orgianlly wanted black and gold tuners but I may end up going with black and chrome tuners. If when it comes back from production they are out of black and gold Ill go with the black and chrome ones.

If you wind up the black and gold tuners, then you will have a twin to my Stick (terrible pictures of which can be seen here). You will love the color of the glow, though I have not found a way to photograph it yet.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 pm
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Rob. Thanks for sharing your pictures. I love what they look like. I'm definitely glad I ordered black now. Im sure any colour would be beautiful. If you took a shot of the linears with a timed exposure I wonder if the glow would show up better? (Not that it matters)

Cheers

Rob

Website robgellner.com

Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 am

Robstafarian wrote:
Jzzb8ovn wrote:
I went with a Black Railboard. Im getting aqua epoxy filled linears. I might have heard wrong but I think they glow in the dark. I orgianlly wanted black and gold tuners but I may end up going with black and chrome tuners. If when it comes back from production they are out of black and gold Ill go with the black and chrome ones.

If you wind up the black and gold tuners, then you will have a twin to my Stick (terrible pictures of which can be seen here). You will love the color of the glow, though I have not found a way to photograph it yet.

And possibly triplets! :) Got a confirmation email of my order earlier today from Cambria. She gave me three options for linear inlays - aqua, green or blue. Thanks for the pics Rob. Do they actually glow??

They're out of black closed gear Hipshot tuners too, but happy to go with whatever they're got.

To quote Cambria - "The current wait time is about 3-6 months. This is a rough estimate and could be possibly shorter or longer. " Talk about covering all the bases... :lol:

Chris

Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Jzzb8ovn wrote:
If you took a shot of the linears with a timed exposure I wonder if the glow would show up better? (Not that it matters)

It is less a matter of photographic technology or technique than it is a matter of chronic fatigue.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:10 am