It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Northern New England Stickist Group 

Post Northern New England Stickist Group
Turns out (after meeting folks at the recent 2015 Northeast Seminar) that there are several of us who live north of Boston, so this is a root thread to refer to if anyone in the area has news, info, or needs to get a message out to us. Good place to post a date for gatherings. I'm going to kick off the first 'event' and invite everyone to New Durham (kind of centrally located) on Sat May 30th for some afternoon jamming and BBQ.

Grand Stick #6524 in Dark Bamboo, Black Pearl Linears, Pearl Gray Tuners, PASV-4
Carvin AG100D Amp

http://southernexposuretrading.com

Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:47 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Northern New England Stickist Group
skyking wrote:
Turns out (after meeting folks at the recent 2015 Northeast Seminar) that there are several of us who live north of Boston, so this is a root thread to refer to if anyone in the area has news, info, or needs to get a message out to us. Good place to post a date for gatherings. I'm going to kick off the first 'event' and invite everyone to New Durham (kind of centrally located) on Sat May 30th for some afternoon jamming and BBQ.

I live in Hudson NH. and would love to come, but alas I'm a fairly busy gigging musician. I'm booked to do a fill in on bass guitar that night with a band called Big Bang Theory at The Skybox in Tewksbury MA. (Don't ask me how they get away with using that as a name!;-)

Keep me in the loop though!

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:27 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I am also interested in being kept in the loop. I am attending a wedding in western MA that weekend, so I won't be available. I also have a jammed schedule this summer already, but it would be nice if I could coordinate my time off to meet some of the local talent! Thanks!
R

12 String Padauk Grand #6693, Classic Tuning, medium strings, GK3 MIDI

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:43 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

It's a great idea to have regional get-togethers... I know the San Fran area Stickists have been getting together fairly often over the past couple of years...

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

88persuader wrote:
skyking wrote:

I live in Hudson NH. and would love to come, but alas I'm a fairly busy gigging musician. I'm booked to do a fill in on bass guitar that night with a band called Big Bang Theory at The Skybox in Tewksbury MA. (Don't ask me how they get away with using that as a name!;-)

Keep me in the loop though!

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:47 am

FWIW.....I have a huge space on my property, heated 3000sq ft barn where we can jam at any volume 24/7/365. (abuts a cemetery and woods, so far no complaints from those who have passed on).

I'm right on edge of Manchester, NH 2 minutes from highway, maybe we have a burger/beer/stick fest this summer.

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:50 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

smithpiano wrote:
FWIW.....I have a huge space on my property, heated 3000sq ft barn where we can jam at any volume 24/7/365. (abuts a cemetery and woods, so far no complaints from those who have passed on).

I'm right on edge of Manchester, NH 2 minutes from highway, maybe we have a burger/beer/stick fest this summer.

Or maybe we'll just jam together in Manchuka? ;-) Brad this is Ray Lavigne! (You are the Brad who fills in for Manchuka right?) I Filled in on bass and a few times on drums for Manchuka.

I think getting together for some Stick playing is a great idea.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Or maybe we'll just jam together in Manchuka? ;-) Brad this is Ray Lavigne! (You are the Brad who fills in for Manchuka right?) I Filled in on bass and a few times on drums for Manchuka.

I think getting together for some Stick playing is a great idea.[/quote]

Hey Ray, yes its me!
Manchuka has a new line up and Reid is holding onto the keyboard chair, so I'm playing with Instant Vintage (Steve Moreau's band) and a couple of Salsa groups in Boston. Working on getting my Stick repertoire up to gig-ready.

Looks like we'll get a Stick event together with this group.

Brad

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:37 pm

May 30th isn't written in stone, just threw it out there. Whatever date works for the most folks is fine with me.

Grand Stick #6524 in Dark Bamboo, Black Pearl Linears, Pearl Gray Tuners, PASV-4
Carvin AG100D Amp

http://southernexposuretrading.com

Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'd love to make this and see you guys I'll keep posted and drive up with the wife if gigs or baseball doesn't get in the way

Brett

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery