It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 pm

Concert On The Chapman Stick DVD - Steve Adelson 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Concert On The Chapman Stick DVD - Steve Adelson
Hi all,

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but here goes.

I just got my copy of Steve Adelson's new DVD "Concert On The Chapman Stick". I've watched it twice now I think I was more blown away the second time I watched it than the first. I wouldn't have thought that was possible because I had to pick my jaw up off the floor the first run through.

I've seen Steve play live more times than I can count...solo, duo, trio, and on stage jam packed with musicians. He's also my instructor so I consider myself lucky to be able to learn from him in a one on one setting.

In all seriousness, if you are a Stick player and you want to see tricks and techniques (as well as fabulous "regular" playing) that you will never see anywhere else, this DVD is a must have. The video quality is top notch and the camera is on Steve's hands most of the time. That's ideal for anyone who's really interested in the Stick and wants to know "how'd he do that?". And you WILL be asking yourself that question, I promise you! :)

The selection of tunes shows off Steve's ability to play many different styles of music with ease. I really think this DVD shows Steve at his absolute best.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend purchasing a copy. There is absolutely no way you could be a Stick player and not be inspired after watching this DVD.

Oh, and hat tip to David Langlois for some killer washboard. :)

Jim

Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Concert On The Chapman Stick DVD - Steve Adelson
v015eyjd wrote:
Hi all,

Not sure if this is exactly the right place to post this, but here goes.

I just got my copy of Steve Adelson's new DVD "Concert On The Chapman Stick". I've watched it twice now I think I was more blown away the second time I watched it than the first. I wouldn't have thought that was possible because I had to pick my jaw up off the floor the first run through.

I've seen Steve play live more times than I can count...solo, duo, trio, and on stage jam packed with musicians. He's also my instructor so I consider myself lucky to be able to learn from him in a one on one setting.

In all seriousness, if you are a Stick player and you want to see tricks and techniques (as well as fabulous "regular" playing) that you will never see anywhere else, this DVD is a must have. The video quality is top notch and the camera is on Steve's hands most of the time. That's ideal for anyone who's really interested in the Stick and wants to know "how'd he do that?". And you WILL be asking yourself that question, I promise you! :)

The selection of tunes shows off Steve's ability to play many different styles of music with ease. I really think this DVD shows Steve at his absolute best.

For what it's worth, I highly recommend purchasing a copy. There is absolutely no way you could be a Stick player and not be inspired after watching this DVD.

Oh, and hat tip to David Langlois for some killer washboard. :)

Jim

Hi everyone,
Steve's excellent concert DVD is now the new video feature at stick.com, complete with a couple of video excerpts.

Steve proves once again that video is a fabulous medium to enjoy great Stick playing.

http://www.stick.com/features/video/

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery