Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Back to the Future
Hahaha...how did you know?

Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:11 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

The problem with reactionaries is that they frequently react without full understanding. What was said is "affluent Caucasians", not just Caucasians. Have you not found that there are more affluent people in your world that are Caucasian? I sometimes get frustrated with their definition of "cutting back".

If you were to travel all over the world and see the ones who are in the worst states of poverty imaginable you would find that they are mostly people of color. While the affluent in this country are mostly of European descent.

Am I saying something that would upset you? These seem like simple, non-inflammatory remarks. Of course there are lots of hard working non-affluent Caucasians. Japhlet was not referring to them. I do not understand your anger, what was it that aroused your passion? He was making a really simple statement that really isn't very controversial or offensive. However, your rhetoric is offensive to me. I have requested that Manny remove your post due to offensive language that is not appropriate for this forum.

If you would care to continue this discussion off of the list send me a PM with your phone number. I will call and you can vent in a harmless manner.

-Eric

Rosewood SG12 #5966, Mirrored 4ths
Twitter: @ejknapp
http://ericjknapp.com

Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Perry wrote:
If you'd done some research you wouldn't have posted that. There's been tons of my Stick music out for years and it's easy to find if you look.

I did some research and stand by my hunch.

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I like Japhlet and being so disposed, didn't notice anything offensive in his post. I can see how you would. Your reaction as referring to him as an a**hole, shocked me (I rarely see that kind of post in here) and prompted my defensive reaction.

I think that I am willing to cut Japhlet slack, because he has obviously put in the hard work to bring into this world beautiful sounds that affirm my humanity far more than a clumsy post could diminish it.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:00 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I find it sad that we have to attack one another with vulgarities and hateful comments... Just adds to the toxicity of the atmosphere... This whole "thang" is about FEAR... and capitalism running amok. :o We can either buy into the Fear, or we can choose and adopt another way. When someone makes a disparaging remark, or a personal attack, it has little to do with the person being attacked, it has more to do with those of us who utter personal attacks and inflammatory remarks. Best to be free of reactivity.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:30 pm
Contributor
Contributor

I think reactivity is part of human nature..Part of our survival mechanism.....no way to be truly free of it.....

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:00 pm
There is a "teflon" section to these forums - where you can post about any subject you want. Even non-stick.
I avoid it & I recommend that these kinds of discussion be held there.
Please.
Randy

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:05 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Wow, a few hours away from the computer and look...
I guess they're right about religion and politics.
This whole post started as a "comedic" quote about our loss of 2 days worth of posts, and not much being posted afterwards... Had I thought it would evolve into this, I would have posted it in the teflon section. My apologies there.
Thank you Eric, for the context and perspective. Dubya, for the support.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:25 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

And rclere, appreciated points as well.
Being a caucasian myself, I did not feel offended.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:31 pm
Contributor
Contributor

EricTheGray wrote:
The problem with reactionaries is that they frequently react without full understanding. What was said is "affluent Caucasians", not just Caucasians. Have you not found that there are more affluent people in your world that are Caucasian? I sometimes get frustrated with their definition of "cutting back".

If you were to travel all over the world and see the ones who are in the worst states of poverty imaginable you would find that they are mostly people of color. While the affluent in this country are mostly of European descent.

Am I saying something that would upset you? These seem like simple, non-inflammatory remarks. Of course there are lots of hard working non-affluent Caucasians. Japhlet was not referring to them. I do not understand your anger, what was it that aroused your passion? He was making a really simple statement that really isn't very controversial or offensive. However, your rhetoric is offensive to me. I have requested that Manny remove your post due to offensive language that is not appropriate for this forum.

If you would care to continue this discussion off of the list send me a PM with your phone number. I will call and you can vent in a harmless manner.

-Eric

You're a nitwit. If manny removed that post then he needs to euthanise this whole forum.

You rail against his post when yours is ten times more laughable. The arrogance you posess to think you have the power or the right to determine what's appropriate speech for anyone or any setting is much more offensive than reading the word asshole.

If you got a problem with someone's opinion then come back with a better opinion or argument. That's how free speech works. It also means you can act like a baby and cry about how he assaulted your fragile sensibilities and scream unfair. You just wouldn't be nearly as sad.

Tritone

Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:01 pm
Contributor
Contributor

dubyasee wrote:
Perry wrote:
If you'd done some research you wouldn't have posted that. There's been tons of my Stick music out for years and it's easy to find if you look.

I did some research and stand by my hunch.

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I like Japhlet and being so disposed, didn't notice anything offensive in his post. I can see how you would. Your reaction as referring to him as an a**hole, shocked me (I rarely see that kind of post in here) and prompted my defensive reaction.

I think that I am willing to cut Japhlet slack, because he has obviously put in the hard work to bring into this world beautiful sounds that affirm my humanity far more than a clumsy post could diminish it.

This coming from the musical visionary behind "NWO" and his magnum opus: "TV".

Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:14 pm