It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014
So we should fly in on the 13th. Time of day recommendations? There is no schedule on the website. Anxiety, anxiety.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Sun May 04, 2014 5:11 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Luc wrote:
Did I see on the SE newsletter that a day has been added to the event? Gene, what's the word? Do we need to fly in a day earlier?

I might be missing it because it is very late, but would you might linking to where you saw this?

I am reevaluating attending, given recent changes to my income, and I am now worried that I do not have the correct dates.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 06, 2014 2:04 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

It was mentioned in the latest email newsletter from Stick Enterprises. I'm thinking now that what it meant was that this year's event had a day added, making it a day longer than last year's.
Lacking any other evidence or commentary, I'll go with that explanation.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Tue May 06, 2014 3:47 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Luc wrote:
It was mentioned in the latest email newsletter from Stick Enterprises. I'm thinking now that what it meant was that this year's event had a day added, making it a day longer than last year's.
Lacking any other evidence or commentary, I'll go with that explanation.

Nevermind, here it is:

StickNews: April 28, 2014

The way I read it, 2014's FHA just has more days than 2013's FHA. That could have been made clearer, though.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 06, 2014 3:27 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Some bad news on my front...

I will not be able to attend this year's seminar.... :(

The cost is too high for me right now. And with limited vacation time at work, I cannot make it. I'm quite saddened by this news but hopefully I can attend a different conference next year or later on this year, once my finances are taken care of. I'm in the process of getting a steady full time job AND considering moving....so that's a thing.

Also, with the very limited vacation space I have this year, I'm going up to Canada with my girlfriend to visit her cabin in New Brunswick. Her parents are allowing me to bring my Stick and an amp with me, so be on the lookout for updates by me!

Again, I regret saying this...but with these plans, limited vacation time, and a lack of funds I cannot make it to FHA 2014...

Wed May 07, 2014 10:12 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Sad news indeed, but as Aretha sang, ya gotta T.C.B.
Good luck with the work front, with the girlfriend, with thoughts on moving, and all that good life stuff. We'll be seeing you some time.

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Wed May 07, 2014 11:02 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Quick update for everyone here.

We'll have a list of all the classes that are available a week from today on Monday, May 19. For the 25 of you that are currently enrolled, a link will be sent to you asking you which classes you would like to sign up for on Thursday and Friday. You will also receive a form which will detail your one-year plan, this will help to plan your next year of study, training and performance.

Here is what you need to know for travel.

THERE ARE NO FORMAL CLASSES ON WEDNESDAY If possible, arrive into LAX in between the hours of 10am - 3pm PST.
This day is reserved for travel, for relaxing and getting to know where everything is (cafeteria, dorm rooms, instruction rooms, pool table, etc.) LAX is the preferred airport in that it is a 40 minute drive to the AJU.

Thursday and Friday will be our formal days of instruction. This will be our busy time on campus. Emmett will be on campus on Saturday. We'll take in some yoga, have dinner, check out Dan Chapman's documentary in progress "Emmett" and then it's Stick Night.

SUNDAY IS A TRAVEL DAY BUT DO NOT PLAN TO LEAVE THE AJU UNTIL 1PM AT THE EARLIEST.
If you have already booked a flight, please consider rearranging it - you are NOT going to want to miss what we have in store. East coast peeps, it will be a long night, so be prepared to phone it in on Monday morning. We can only pull off an event of this magnitude every few years.

Mon May 12, 2014 7:04 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks for the update, Gene. It seems I mistakenly PMed your FHA account last week, sorry about that.

Anyway, this post is just to state that I definitely will not be attending FHA2014, nor any other seminars this year. Saturday was my worst day in 12 years, quite possibly my entire life, and I clearly have no business traveling until my health stabilizes. As I should have known, being able to walk two miles (a recently achieved goal) is totally unrelated to reliability and predictability.

Last edited by Robstafarian on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 12, 2014 3:52 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: FREE HANDS ACADEMY 2014- Spouses
I have a question for those who are bringing spouses. Is there an extra charge for bringing a non-stick playing spouse who will not be attending the classes?

Wed May 14, 2014 7:42 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Hey Mark - I replied to your PM. Spouses are welcome to attend and we already have 2 attending. Outside of meals, special events in the evenings and yoga on Saturday, there won't be much else to do unless they go off campus. The cost is an additional $300 for 5 days / 4 nights.

Our schedule goes from 9:15 - 5:15 with dinner at 6:30 and then events at 8pm. Not too much time outside of meals together to relax on campus. Still, the more the merrier? Hopefully there will be a car among the ladies that can be used to travel around LA, the SF valley and Hollywood.

Let me know if you require any more details - cheers.

Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next