It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am

Dave Brosky lands a really Sweet Gig! 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Dave Brosky lands a really Sweet Gig!
Yes, as Gwen Stefani quizzically said in Sweet Escape "wouldn't it be sweet?" I landed a really sweet gig- as in Chocolate, one of the basic food groups! Musicians love chocolate because it has chemicals that alter our brain, uplift our mood, and has copious amounts of cafeine. :D

I was invited to be featured at the very first annual Arts & Chocolate Spectacular on
Saturday April 21st, 2012 from 11 AM until 4 PM.  It'll be at the Upper Saint Clair Recreational Center -a pretty swank facility. I'll be on from 11am to 12 noon.
http://www.livesmarterplayharder.org/

It'll combine the creative arts and artists with chocolate--music, dance, chocolate themed crafts, chocolate vendor tastings/contests to create a wonderful spring event.

If you are in the area, please stop by!
Dave Brosky

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Dave Brosky lands a really Sweet Gig!
dbrosky wrote:
Yes, as Gwen Stefani quizzically said in Sweet Escape "wouldn't it be sweet?" I landed a really sweet gig- as in Chocolate, one of the basic food groups! Musicians love chocolate because it has chemicals that alter our brain, uplift our mood, and has copious amounts of cafeine. :D

I was invited to be featured at the very first annual Arts & Chocolate Spectacular on
Saturday April 21st, 2012 from 11 AM until 4 PM.  It'll be at the Upper Saint Clair Recreational Center -a pretty swank facility. I'll be on from 11am to 12 noon.
http://www.livesmarterplayharder.org/

It'll combine the creative arts and artists with chocolate--music, dance, chocolate themed crafts, chocolate vendor tastings/contests to create a wonderful spring event.

If you are in the area, please stop by!
Dave Brosky
Don't forget to wash your hand before you play, Dave! Chocolate is not fast fret.

congrats on the gig!

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Congratulations Dave.

http://www.alliedmusicinstructors.com/Jeff.html

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

First off, thanks Greg and Jeff for the great and kind words! Yes, Greg, chocolate does not make a good fast fret, I accepted your premise on face value without a double blind study!

The gig was really great! nice crowd, I had an actual riser to play on. They had a sign to "stay off the stage". one of the people running it said "do you want this up here?" I said "yes, I didn't want a mosh pit to form upfront!" he chuckled. I was introduced as Dave "the Stickman" Brosky and that was even in the key local papers too!

It was a really free and loose set which felt really good to get fingers back onto strings. ( I have been doing some forced and reluctant benefit DJ work, so this was good) I did some improv and just kicked in my LIne 6 Echo Park and did response and echo and harmonized lines which really echoed in the nice sounding space. At one point, a really nice family mouths to me " Was that just Nirvanna?" and I said "Yes it was", and they almost doubled over with amazement and complimentary laughter. I played "the Candy Man" as an apropos sonorous compliment to the confectionary delights had by many!

So, all of you don't be afraid to put your best foot forward, and volunteer to play for something that really isn't the traditional venue. You'll be amazed how well you will go over, and come away with your soul refreshed!

take care,
Dave Brosky

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hear, hear...congrats!!

http://www.facebook.com/LucBergeronMusic

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Glad to hear it went well, Dave. Sorry I couldn't make it down. My wife loves chocolate more than most people and we both like art/craft festivals(especially when there are Stick players doing Nirvana covers!)

Still, keep me us posted on the shows. I never know when I will be able to get away.

Mike

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:21 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mike,

thanks- yes Chocolate and Art! I'll keep you posted. One in the works right now, but don't want to jinx it. I'll let all of you, and Mike in particular, if and when it occurs!

Missed seeing and hearing you. you just keep getting better. always welcome to plug in!

thanks for the kind words,
Dave Brosky

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery